Discover a world of opportunities. #HumanChemistry
See what chemistry can do for your career: careers.evonik.com
Exploring opportunities. Growing together.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 121287
Sales Operations Specialist
Location: United States : Allentown, PA
Function: Marketing & Sales
Career Level: Experienced professionals (2-5 years)
Legal Entity: Evonik Corporation
Business Line: Coating Additives
What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
Key player in the newly formed BL-CAD (4 legacy businesses, $171MM sales in the Americas). Owner of Opportunity and Sample follow-up processes and main support for Director of Sales and Sales Department in the Americas and Channel Management. Also heavily involved in CRM, pricing process, IMPAX, GEAR, and other strategic projects. Supports Director of Sales Americas, Channel Manager, and VP/GM CAD Americas with CRM analytics and administrative support. Good performance in this position will prepare the candidate for a sales manager role.
• Sample and Opportunity Process - assist Director of Sales in monitoring, analytics, and reporting of these two processes. Manage CMC (inventory, restock/disposal, performance review), liaison with Essen, provide monthly reports/reviews.
• CRM Analytics - monitor Opportunity Pipeline progress (fill, closure rate), Call Report frequency, provide 1st level assistance to sales, assist with Price Offer management, Competition Tracking, and Business Risks.
• Sales Support - generate monthly KPI report for sales and channel management, assist in APO-DP forecasting process, assist in GSCP target setting and monitoring, manage customer notification/announcements.
• Administrative - coordinate off-site meetings and local RIC meetings; assist Director of Sales, Channel Manager, and VP/GM; assist in monitoring T&E costs, owner of Contract Management process.
Accepts responsibility for his or her personal safety and health. Performs assigned duties in a manner that is safe and protective of the environment and ensures the quality of our products. Follows operating procedures to ensure a safe and environmentally protective workplace. Observes and reports all incidents, quality issues and unsafe conditions. Takes an active interest in improving safety, environmental protection and product quality.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related area and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in related area; or a minimum of 5 years’ experience/training in related area preferred.
• Experience in sales and/or marketing department. Additional experience in customer service and logistics is preferred. Must have knowledge and/or experience with CRM, and sls/mktg related concepts, practices, and procedures. Must aspire to a sales or marketing role.
• Good team player. Excellent computer/systems and analytical skills (MS Office suite, CRM, SAP). Ability to work independently and coordinate multi-functional business processes. Strong customer-orientation and business judgment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Standard office equipment: Fax, scanner, copier, calculator, computers
• Knowledge of and/or the ability to learn a variety of computer software applications in word processing, database, presentation, CRM and SAP software (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Tams, MS Dynamics CRM or comparable).
To ensure the fastest process of your application and to protect the environment, please apply online via our careers portal at https://careers.evonik.com.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 121287
Evonik Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Evonik will not accept any unsolicited application documents sent by staffing firms. Evonik works in conjunction with preferred service providers and will not pay any fee to staffing firms in the absence of an appropriate framework agreement. Should Evonik receive a candidate profile from a staffing firm with which it has no framework agreement, and should this candidate subsequently be considered in the recruitment process or offered employment, no claims from the staffing firm will be entertained in this regard.