As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
Sales Product Specialist will be responsible for high level pre- and post-sales support of Bruker Nano Surface’s Fluorescent Microscopy (FM) business unit products in NY, NJ, DE, East PA, MD, VA regions, specifically multi-photon, super resolution, multipoint scanning fluorescent confocal microscopy systems and accessories. This position must help achieve sales quotas in the assigned product lines while enthusiastically expanding customer relationships using comprehensive product knowledge, technical and service expertise. Job duties primarily include direct sales, application and service efforts to drive opportunities, customer satisfaction to win business.
- Develop sales funnel for fluorescent microscopy products; monitor and ensure adequate amount of leads feeding the funnel and ensure selling methods lead to high conversion of opportunities
- Meet or exceed all quarterly sales objectives in assigned geographical area
- Clearly outline customer’s order requirements and accurately reflect in quotation process.
- Understand/discuss customer application needs with prospects and perform system demonstrations
- Ability to set-up/perform demos at customers site, hands-on workshops and conferences to generate leads and opportunities
- Build accurate forecasts and deliver results accurate to forecasts.
- Understand the specifications, performance, unique selling points and pricing guidelines for all products.
- Make compelling presentations to customers.
- Technical ability to perform Applications function including some system service
- Must be capable of working independently to achieve goals and also capable of collaborating with intercompany departments such as Field Sales, Order Administration, Technical Support, Production, Shipping and Product Management.
- Attend conferences, trade shows and workshops to provide sales and technical support to increase leads and opportunities
- Coordinate communication with the Application and Service teams.
- Communicate competitive information back into the business unit.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Frequent visits to customer base and ability to travel back to business unit upon request. 50% travel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Understands the needs of life science customers.
- Capable in selling advanced technology instrumentation.
- Have hands-on experience and knowledge about at least two of the four techniques: Multi-Photon microscopy, super resolution, fluorescent confocal microscopy and lightsheet.
- Good communicator and experience in consultative selling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with MS office proficiency.
- Good problem solving skills
- Energetic self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Able to travel both domestically and internationally on short notice.
- Have sold microscopy products
- B.S., Masters or PhD in Biological Science field is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in a Biological Science field or 3 years and a Master’s degree or a PhD with minimal experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in advance fluorescence microscopy techniques and instruments. Multiphoton and/or super resolution, high speed confocal experience preferred.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.