Amarin Corporation plc (“Amarin”) is a rapidly growing pharmaceutical company developing and selling therapeutics to improve cardiovascular health. Amarin, a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: AMRN) with approximately 900 employees, is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has its US operations (Amarin Pharma Inc.) based in Central New Jersey. Amarin has successfully developed, registered and launched VASCEPA® in the U.S. market with a network of third-party companies aligned with Amarin to advance commercialization of VASCEPA® globally. In the U.S., VASCEPA® was launched in 2013 for its initial indication of as a treatment of Very High Triglycerides (i.e. patients with TG levels ≥ 500mg/dL).
In November 2018, unprecedented clinical results were announced from a landmark global cardiovascular outcomes study in which VASCEPA® was demonstrated significantly lower the risk of cardiovascular events on beyond the current standard of care for cholesterol management. This study was recognized as the top clinical result in 2018 by The New England Journal of Medicine. Amarin recently announced plans to increase the size of the U.S. sales force from 400 to 800 representatives and anticipates accelerated revenue growth from VASCEPA® based on the unprecedented results recently announced its outcomes study. In December 2019, Amarin received approval from the FDA on an expanded label for VASCEPA® to reflect the results of this outcomes study, called the REDUCE-IT study. Amarin is a science driven company focused on improving patient care. It is truly an exciting time to join the Amarin team.
The company’s U.S. entity, Amarin Pharma Inc., is seeking a Sales Professional for the NEW ORLEANS E, LA territory. The Sales Professional meets established sales goals in promoting Vascepa to general practitioners, specialists and other healthcare professionals in compliance with internal policy and applicable laws/regulations. The Sales Professional will be supported in this initiative with tools and promotional resources designed to have high local impact. The successful professional will achieve sales goals and demonstrate the ability to target and manage their territory strategically while operating within an assigned budget (and adhering to all compliance and administrative duties).
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a market expansion in a growing entrepreneurial-minded team-oriented environment, where sales performance and territory ownership are paramount. Amarin offers competitive base pay, uncapped quarterly incentive compensation, comprehensive employee benefits including stock options and auto allowance program.
Candidates must possess a 4-year college degree, 1+ years of pharmaceutical sales experience; cardiology and/or lipids experience a plus, and the ability to demonstrate past sales results and professional accomplishments that reflect motivation, initiative, and strong interpersonal skills.
· Four year college degree (B.A., B.S. or equivalent). · One plus years of recent pharmaceutical drug sales experience.
· Ability to work both independently and in a team setting towards meeting established objectives.
· Well developed written and oral communication skills.
· Must live within territory.
· Ability to build rapport and relations by interacting effectively with employees and external contacts
(i.e. MD and office staff) at all levels, demonstrating awareness of their needs and responding with the appropriate action.
· Highly effective organizational and administrative skills.
· Computer Skills; Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
· Candidates must be able to successfully pass background, motor vehicle and drug screen investigations.
· Must have valid driver’s license.
· Relocation assistance is not offered for this role.
· Current relationships with key physicians in the territory. · Experience selling in the triglyceride / cholesterol / diabetes markets.
· Understanding of the cardiovascular sales environment and its challenges.