As a member of the branch operations team, you will be responsible for assisting to fulfill the branch marketing goals and to achieve the sales goals. In addition to marketing and sales, you will perform takeoffs (from blueprints and existing structures), develop estimates, write client proposals, administer contracts, develop project schedules and costing, supervise projects, and ensure quality control. You will prepare customer billings and assist in collection efforts as necessary. On going business development with our customers -- architects, owners, engineers and general contractors is a vital part of this position
We will consider both entry-level and experienced candidates for this position.
- Develop opportunities to initiate the sale of Western's services in concrete/masonry restoration, waterproofing, etc.
- Assist with the implementation of the branch marketing goals and action plans as a means to educate new and existing customers about the services Western provides.
- Develop and maintain relationships with both current and potential clients to market the services provided by Western and increase customer base.
- Provide customer support from start to finish of all projects and maintain contact with customers during and after completion of projects.
- Accurately estimate and price all work to maximize volume and profitability.
- Prepare client proposal and follow up to close the sale.
- Monitor and supervise the deployment of all projects to ensure the achievement of quality and timely execution of projects.
- Interact with Superintendent and Foreman to ensure customer/contact requirements and timelines are met.
- Document, coordinate and communicate any project change orders to field and customer.
- Ensure job files are maintained and complete.
- Assist in the training and development of sales and field personnel to enhance the quality of company personnel.
- Ensure the accurate and timely billings and assist in collection efforts as required.
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise by participating in appropriate seminars and training programs.
- Contribute to operating effectiveness by developing internal and external branch relationships.
- Join and participate in industry-related organizations to increase networking capabilities and develop new relationships and opportunities for work.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related field preferred
- 1-3 years experience in sales and/or production preferred
- Prior field experience is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong business development and marketing skills
- Team player
- Ability to travel at least 5% overnight