• Responsible for sales to hospitals, oncology, rehabilitation centers, referral sources with enteral patient needs. Responsible for all aspects of enteral nutrition care for the home tube fed patient and other medical nutrition related activities.
• Attends work on a regular and predictable basis.
• Identify and develop new referral sources. Responsible for obtaining a predetermined number of enteral set-ups from new referral sources each month
• Prepare for and participate in vendor fairs, exhibits, and luncheons.
• Conducts in-service for referral sources educating them in the use and application of Lincare enteral equipment
• Recognize and respect patient rights during the provision of care or services and conducting business relationships with patient and the public in an ethical manner.
• Works in a designated territory performing sales activities, tracking daily sales activity via Sales Force, promotes Lincare Enteral Services to physicians, hospitals, home health and cancer centers and maintains market information through the Lincare Sales Force.
• Monitor patient's response to the care or services provided, the actions or interventions taken, and the outcome of the care or service provided.
• Educate patients with relation to their enteral feeding to facilitate safe and effective use and desired care, treatment and service outcomes.
• Provide patient care, treatment, and service in a continuous and coordinate manner, in settings appropriate to meet patient needs.
• Responsible for community education regarding all aspects of medical nutrition services provided by company.
• Responsible for maintaining and managing a minimum monthly patient admits/census.
• Promote safe, effective patient and organizational environments and feeding equipment use.
• Participate in on-going education, including in-services, training, and other activities, to maintain and improve individual competence.
• Obtain, utilize, and update patient information in a confidential and secure manner for utilization in patient care applications.
• Recognize and implement infection control practices that reduce the risk of infections in patients and organizational staff.
• Drives to admit, deliver and pickup such items as enteral formula, feeding pump(s), IV poles, related feeding supplies to patient's home or place of business.
• Records sales or deliveries information on daily sales or delivery record.
• Listens to and resolves service complaints appropriate to scope of practice.
• Sets up merchandise and sales promotion displays or issues sales promotion materials to customers.
• Issues or obtains customer signature on admission, pickup or delivery.
• May have to communicate or interact with, Enteral Intake Team
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Lincare is playing our part to meet the COVID-19 challenges through our continuum of care with in-home services, helping to maximize hospital capacity and providing a more comfortable environment for our patients. Lincare's number one priority in any emergency or natural disaster is your safety. Lincare has been preparing for the safety of our employees and the continuum of care that may be needed for our patients. While a vast majority of our roles do not have face to face interactions with our patients some roles do. With these patient-facing roles, we have ensured that we are following the latest standards and guidance in the use of personal protective equipment (PPE). We are a healthcare provider and must live up to our duty. We are in an essential industry. We are essential at any time for some of the most vulnerable people in need of respiratory care -- that's what Lincare does. And now, even more so, all of us are needed to play our vital role.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and e-mail communications.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science in Dietetics from an accredited institution. (Nutritionist or Dietician preferred)
• Licensed as a registered and licensed dietitian for geographic areas where he/she manages patients (preferred).
• LPN, or RN with RD experience preferred.
• Non-clinical sales representative may be considered for a revised, sales-only position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled