R&K Building Supplies has been serving residential and commercial contractors in the valley for 45 years. Our Doors, Insulation, Truss, Lumber, and Window divisions provide extensive product selection and complete customer service to guarantee satisfaction in our company.
At R&K Building Supplies we recognize that employees are our most valuable asset. Therefore, we strive to provide a positive environment with training, growth and career advancement opportunities. We are seeking individuals who will thrive in this environment and who are excited to be a part of "Building Excellence with Reliability and Knowledge."
R&K Building Supplies is currently hiring for a�Sales Representative/Estimator�for our�Millwork & Trim Division.
Position Review: Generates and secures new sales to increase the profitability of the company. The Sales Representative maintains existing accounts while generating new business through cold calls and following leads.
Essential Job Duties:
- Promotes, sells, and secures new accounts for the company.
- Services existing accounts with necessary products, time and information.
- Assists with the selection of products best suited to customer needs.
- Prepares, coordinates and communicates price quotations, terms of sales, delivery dates, and service obligations to customers/contractors
- Resolves customer complaints and problems.
- Assists in the collection of accounts receivable.
- Prepares and inputs orders as necessary.
- Estimates the amounts of materials needed�
- Review actual vs. estimated materials on completion on each project.
- Control expenditures to conform to company budgetary requirements.
- Complies with Company's attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned by location management
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum education required - High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum experience required - 3 years of sales experience in building materials or related industry.
- Special skills required - working knowledge of building materials industry and products, ability to negotiate prices for contractual agreements. Ability to interpret building plans in diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables. Ability to operate networked computer systems and specialized software programs.
- Special knowledge required - estimating from blueprints, ability to use calculator and computer.
- Must have excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills.�
- Must have a valid Arizona driver's license.
- Physical demands include the ability to drive up to 50% of the time, lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular basis and 50 lbs. on a random basis, and/or work in extreme weather conditions. Sitting, stooping, bending, standing or walking for extended periods of time.
R&K Building Supplies offers the following:
- Competitive Salary + Commission�
- Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Life Insurance (Company Paid)
- Short-Term / Long-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- and more