As a Rigid Packaging Sales Professional, you will follow up on leads and research companies to help them find the right solution for their packaging needs. Whether the customer is introducing a new product or re-staging an existing product, you will be the consultant throughout the process. From product consultation, manufacturing, inventory management, to providing the most cost-effective and efficient door to door service, All American Containers, a Veritiv Company, packaging professionals are ready to service the customer every step of the way to make their ideas and dreams a reality. By acting as an extension of your customers’ business, you will become an invaluable asset and will build long term relationships that will grow with you during your tenure.
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on existing and prospective customers with the purpose of sustaining and growing market share; promote and sell company products; execute in-depth selling in all accounts
- Plan, coordinate and make sales presentations; display or demonstrate products using samples or catalogs
- Establish with management and achieve specific goals for key and target accounts
- Possess, or acquire in a reasonable time, in-depth knowledge of product line; maintain knowledge of market, current market share position, and competitors; establish strategy to secure competitors’ business
- Work closely with customer service, keeping them apprised of customer needs and any deviations
- Work with vendors and core suppliers to develop new business and protect existing business
- Participate in all sales meetings
- Quote prices and credit terms, estimate delivery dates, and prepare sales contracts; understand, exercise, and promote operational/sales requirements, adhering to minimum order size, profitable delivery requirements, and limiting special delivery requests; understand and achieve order profitability
- Follow established accounting and credit handling procedures; assist Credit department with collections and turn in cash receipts daily
- Obtain signed purchase orders for all custom products
- Prepare reports of business transactions
- Maintain complete customer files and maintain complete account information
- Other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience:
- Packaging knowledge required, rigid packaging knowledge preferred.
- Good working knowledge of product lines, distribution methods, and pricing methods.
- Basic computer literacy and knowledge of proprietary databases and systems as required.
- Undergraduate degree required
- One to three years experience in outside sales in related industry
Working Conditions/Physical Requirement:
- Regularly uses telephone, fax, copier, calculator, and computer.
- Physical Requirements: Regularly required to talk and listen, drive a motor vehicle to travel throughout assigned territory, and lift or move 10 or more pounds (occasionally may be 50+ pounds where assistance may be required). Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, climb in and out of vehicle, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms.
Veritiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law. Additionally, Veritiv will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Veritiv’s legal duty to furnish information. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf