Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a globally recognized, research-driven, biopharmaceutical company with more than 65 years of history. Headquartered in Switzerland, Ferring is privately owned with over 5,700 employees in nearly 60 countries. In the United States, Ferring identifies, develops and markets innovative products in the fields of reproductive medicine (infertility), urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology, maternal health (obstetrics/gynecology) and orthopaedics. Ferring’s US operations employ approximately 800 people.
People Come First At Ferring. The Ferring Philosophy places people at the heart of what we do. This guides our relations with patients, physicians, employees, and other stakeholders. We invite you to share our passion for people and the power of science.
The Sales Representative is responsible for all sales activities in an assigned geographical area, achieving maximum sales volume through promotion of Ferring Products to approved/targeted customers and distribution channels, including healthcare professionals, wholesalers, pharmacies, hospitals and clinics.
- Contribute to District and Ferring success by promoting and selling Ferring products to attain or exceed established sales quotas
- Regular contact with present and prospective customers
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate reports to management and other Ferring stakeholders as required
- Participate in Sales field rides; follow through on developmental opportunities based on results
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities
- Effectively deploy and pull through territory resources including marketing materials, programs, samples and other available and approved sales tools
- Create, own and develop effective relationships with approved and targeted customers
- Monitor and manage district expenses, budgets and sample allotments
- Represent Ferring at appropriate professional industry meetings and seminars
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years in business-to-business sales
- Able to achieve or exceed sales objectives
- Able to identify potential customers and add to customer base
- Able to meet sample distribution and expense management requirements
- Able to meet demand generation goals
- Sitting approximately 3 – 4 hours at a time while driving or as a passenger and operating an automobile up to 60% of the time depending upon the geography of the territory.
- Walking up to 15% of the time depending upon the geography of the territory.
- Climbing stairs and/or ramps may be required in certain urban territories where the use of public transportation may be necessary during the course of the work day.
- Standing, more than 1 -2 hours at a time.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling items such as laptop, iPad, printed material and product samples weighing up to 20 pounds, into and out of a car, train or airplane and into physician offices and/or medical facilities.
- Long distance travel via airplane or other commercial conveyance approximately 2-3 times per year. Additional overnight and/or longer distance travel may be required more frequently, depending upon the territory.