At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Sales & Service Specialist is responsible for expanding the CECS business in a defined territory and performing Certification Specialist work in new Customer sites as the business expands. This position combines sales and technical knowledge in identifying potential new Customers who need our certification services, quoting and selling these services and performing the required service. Ultimately, the goal is to expand to the point of needing to hire additional Certification Technicians to perform the work and have this position expand into the role of managing these technicians as an Associate District Service Manager or District Service Manager
Perform Certification Specialist work as follows:
- Establish and maintain effective, communicative relationships with Customers, managers, support functions and the sales organization. Communicate activities to Customers related to scheduling and estimated time of arrival for work. Proactively respond to and resolve Customer questions and issues. Utilize provided product and industry knowledge to assure Customer’s expectations of service are exceeded.
- Perform certification and repairs of cleanrooms and devices that contain HEPA filters. This includes: Disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts; rewiring or reassembling as required; troubleshooting, adjusting/calibrating, and certifying equipment ready for use by using standard and specialized tools and test equipment (i.e., schematics, diagrams, technical manuals, etc.).
- Lead field service technicians on large-scale jobs at Customer locations in other territories during peak periods.
- Follow Customer protocols when entering and exiting facilities and abide by all STERIS and Customer Health & Safety protocols and procedures.
- Utilize technology to perform administrative duties as assigned to ensure effective planning, utilization, and required paperwork completion. This includes, but is not limited to: Communicate schedule changes to the office daily; computer synchronization daily; complete service reports and activities onsite; and maintain tool and testing equipment inventory to prescribed levels as required .#ZR
Duties - cont'd
Drive growth and profitability of the CE Services business by leading sales efforts in analyzing, targeting, developing, negotiating, and closing new business at identified Life Science accounts within the territory.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with key decision makers in Customer organizations.
- Manage a complex, consultative sales process, educates internal and external Customers on service offerings, and prioritizes tasks leading to the closing of new business.
- Demonstrate knowledge on STERIS’s line of product and service offerings, and can articulate conceptual value propositions to clients.
- Represent STERIS at tradeshows and other industry events to increase exposure in the territory.
- Identify new offerings for present and prospective Customers, specifically focusing on strategic accounts.
- Minimum of 3 years field service experience in a GMP or Medical Device service arena required.
- Must demonstrate proven ability to efficiently manage projects.
- Must demonstrate proven front-line Customer management.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and analytical skills; with a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively across all levels of the organization as well as with Customers.
- Strong safety and compliance background
- Knowledge of controlled environment testing and familiar with industry standards such as USP 797, USP 800, NSF 49, CAG documents and ISO 14644.
- Knowledge of FDA or GMP/GLP regulations for medical or pharmaceutical equipment preferred.
- Professional certifications for both NSF 49 (preferred) and RCP (required)
- Self-starter that can work with minimal direction and has excellent territory planning and management skills.
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel & Access
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.