Title: Sales & Service Tech II
Location: Logan, OH
Internal Posting: 11/7/19 to 11/14/19
Union: CWA 4375/46
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES FOR WHICH THIS POSITION IS ACCOUNTABLE:
Installs, maintains and/or repairs network facilities, and associated apparatus from the station equipment to the line card; performs other related duties.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Installs, removes, rearranges, programs, tests, troubleshoots and maintains voice, data, and ancillary equipment and network services.
- Installs, maintains and repairs outside and inside plant equipment/facilities and inside wire.
- Effects repairs and restores service outages. Performs cable pair recovery activity.
- Interfaces with customer to further analyze installation and repair issues. Responds to inquiries and provides follow-up.
- Interprets schematic work order drawings to determine job specifications and installation needs. Orders and/or obtains required equipment. Effects problem solving where appropriate.
- Utilizes various test equipment to analyze equipment trouble and takes appropriate maintenance action.
- Operates standard and aerial lift vehicles and manual, hydraulic, pneumatic, electric, electronic, gasoline, propane and power actuated tools and equipment.
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
- Ability to work in confined areas.
- Ability to lift and carry tool boxes, drop wire, parts containers and installation loads, test equipment, generators, manhole/pullbox covers, etc.
- Ability to climb poles/ladders.
- Ability to lift, carry, set-up, climb and take down ladders.
- Ability to communicate naturally and pleasantly over the telephone and/or in person.
- Ability to work under pressure in stressful conditions.
- Requires alertness and attention to detail.
- A valid driver’s license. Able to meet the medical and driver certification requirements as established by the DOT Federal Highway Safety Act. Not restricted to daylight hours.
- Able to read and interpret architectural, electrical wiring diagrams.
- Able to operate test equipment such as VOMs, test sets, etc.
- Indoor-outdoor work. Exposed to adverse weather conditions, dust, noise, dirt, heat, poor lighting, fumes, etc.
- Works in buildings being constructed/renovated, manholes, rough terrain, traffic, aerial lifts, platforms, etc.
- May be exposed to high voltage electrical power lines, explosive and/or flammable liquids and gases, oxygen deficiency, carbon monoxide, lead toxicity and asbestos materials. May work with molten lead and wax.
- Scheduled work tours may be weekday, weekend and holiday, including day, evening and night hours. Subject to scheduled and/or unscheduled overtime and call out.
- May be required to have experience in one or a combination of: Equipment Technician, Special Services Technician, Telecommunications Technician, T&P Technician, Cable Splicer, Systems Technician, Network Maintainer, I&R Technician, Cable Technician.
- Must possess the ability to perceive difference in colors.
- Must possess the ability to distinguish audible tones/levels.
- Successful completion of an advanced electronics concepts course from an accredited or recognized educational institution.
- Desire a degree in electronics technology, to include successful completion of digital logic, electronic communications, and microprocessor fundamentals from an accredited or recognized educational institution.