To learn more about Mallinckrodt, visit www.mallinckrodt.com.
Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals (“the Company”) maintains a continuing policy of non-discrimination in employment. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based upon age, ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), disability (mental and physical), marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), political activities or affiliation, race, sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by law. Furthermore, it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to individuals with disabilities and protected veterans in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations on every location in which the company has facilities. This policy of non-discrimination shall include, but not be limited to, the following employment decisions and practices: recruiting, hiring; promotions; demotions or transfers; layoffs; recalls; terminations; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; selection for training, including apprenticeship; and recruitment or recruitment advertising.
Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals is required to report certain payments or transfers of value (such as expense reimbursement, meals, transportation) made to U.S.-licensed healthcare professionals in compliance with the federal Physician Payment Sunshine Act (i.e. Open Payments) and certain state laws. JR000009771 Sales Specialist, Neurology, South Atlanta (Open)
The successful candidate will be able to show documented success as a top producer using superior clinical selling skills, while effectively managing their territory operating within all compliance and company policies and procedures, as a results-oriented sales person, business partner and consultant. Develop strategically targeted, accounts and specific business plans that reflect an in-depth understanding of local, regional and national market forces impacting product sales. The incumbent will skillfully deal with the concepts and complexities associated with the products and adjunctive therapies and must demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the clinical data.
- Meet or exceed all established territory sales plan and expense plan goals and objectives, by developing and implementing strategies specific to the assigned territory.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with targeted opinion leaders and physicians
- Maintain an updated working knowledge of Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals products and relevant disease states.
- Effectively develops a Territory Business Plan, plans all work days and weeks, established call plans and prepares for all sales calls so as to meet or exceed goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement special programs within territory to maximize sales opportunities, i.e. speakers’ bureau programs, symposia, etc.
- Develop and/or maintain permanent customer records.
- Complete assigned administrative tasks in a timely, accurate, legible, and organized manner.
- Communicate a current, effective, and accurate sales presentation to customers.
- Present a professional sales image in all business matters.
- Carry out duties and responsibilities in compliance with applicable regulations and Pharma guidelines and operate assigned sales territory within established sales and/or corporate policies, procedures, and standards
- Attend regional and national conferences throughout the year
Skills & Competencies
- Selling skills – Ability to profitably build new business and expand existing customer relationships
- Clinical Acumen – Possesses strong clinical and disease state knowledge that enables impactful clinical selling and strong decision making, while showing a deep understanding of the market and customers patients/practice
- Business Acumen – Understands industry trends, economic sectors and market dynamics to drive strategy
- Communications and Teamwork –Communicates accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication style as needed; ability to forge and maintain effective relationships with internal employees and external customers
- Resource Utilization – Identifies available resources and solves problems by utilizing best available information and support resources
- Demonstrate Mallinckrodt’s Values: Patient Centric, Integrity, Innovative and Collaborative
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3 + years pharmaceutical sales experience required
- Experience Selling Biologics to Specialty Physicians in rare disease areas preferred
- Neurology experience highly preferred