Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Sales Strategy Lead works with sales leadership to create, coordinate and manage sales strategies for brands assigned to them. Responsibilities include: commercial/new product development and activation; product line and distribution expansion. Liaison between Sales, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, Trade Management and Category Management to ensure that strategies are consumer centric and deliver revenue and profit thresholds.
*** This position will be located in Charlotte, NC***
• Completes activities which facilitate feedback to influence senior team decision making for development of sales channels including:
o Creates and maintains extensive database of knowledge on the customers and shoppers within each of the assigned brands. Must be a practicing brand expert.
o Develops and implements sales strategies for brands including price/pack architecture, special events, promotional opportunities, expanded distribution and new customer development.
o Product Development – creates and manages product positioning based on customer demand/opportunity.
o Product Development – coordinates all launch activities and communication for brands.
o Plans, organizes and communicates annual (and individual) Sales plans.
o Leads the initial formulation of the new item and annual sales forecasting with guidance from Sales leadership.
o Portfolio Optimization – responsible for continually optimizing assortment portfolio by evaluating lower performers and shifting the mix to top performers (revenue/profit focused).
• Letter of Intent research, development, planning and implementation for commercial projects within brands - Package and present “executive summary” to management team which provides top line results and plan of action recommendations for approval.
• Leads collaboration and communication efforts for strategy implementation.
• Coordinates launch of new products for brands and integration of acquired product lines.
• Handles miscellaneous assigned large projects and utilizes project management experience to create, plan, communicate and implement tasks on time; working independently, and in collaboration with, other key business units. Identifies and implements resolution to overcome project related hurdles.
• Provides “spot” analysis, support and influence, as directed, for Senior and channel leadership teams.
• Works with various Sales, Marketing and Account team members to identify sales growth opportunities and implements Sales development initiatives.
• Works with Finance, Supply chain, Marketing and Manufacturing partners to ensure commercial development projects progress according to customer demand and within Stage Gate process.
• Maintains regular contact with key sales managers in order to facilitate open communication and support for the successful pursuit of sales objectives.
• Assists in preparing sales presentations, as needed, in coordination with Category, Insights and Brand partners.
• Performs other job related duties and assignments as directed by the Business Development and Sales leadership.
• Extensive knowledge of brand distribution path and the shopping habits and demographic profiles of each channel’s shoppers
• Experience in working within Grocery, Club, Vending, Food service, Value, Drug and/or Export sales channels
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of business issues and revenue and profit impact beyond data collection and analytical knowledge
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills.
• Strong analytical, organizational and collaborative skills
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite – Excel, PowerPoint, Word
• Experience utilizing third party reporting tools (ex. IRI, Nielsen, Kantar, Techonomic, Mintel, etc.)
• Strong people skills needed to work-with different areas and levels of the organization
• Requires extensive project management experience with large, cross functional projects
• Self-directing and self-motivating to perform high-level analytical analysis and generate robust recommendations
• Must be comfortable making decisions with little data or time to evaluate alternative options
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) and a minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience with Consumer Packaged Goods industry or relevant Marketing/Sales experience is required (Master’s Degree preferred).
10% - 30% overnight travel including occasional air travel when applicable.
Location: Charlotte, NC
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.