Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Sales Tax Accountant for the Houston, TX Office. This role will support the Sales Tax Manager to manage the Indirect Tax compliance requirement of Wood entities within the US. If this sounds like a good fit and challenging in a rewarding way, please join our proactive team!
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Responsibilities will typically entail:
- Preparation, processing and payment of monthly and annual sales & use tax returns
- License applications
- Management of exemption/resale certificates
- Preparation, coding and payment of property tax returns
- Monthly reconciliations of GL accounts
- Respond to internal and external requests for sales and use information and queries
- Manage sales & use audits
The Sales Tax Accountant will also be required to support the Sales Tax Manager with other ad hoc matters as required, including on specific projects.
The role will work principally with the Sales Tax Manager on matters relating to the Asset Solutions Americas business but may also be required to work with other members of the extended Indirect Tax team across the US in support of the Group's other US-based businesses.
Skills / Qualifications
Successful candidate to possess:
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting or related field
- Proficiency with Oracle systems (required)
- Existing knowledge of Vertex or Onesource tax software systems (an advantage but not essential)
- Intermediate (or greater) knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Power Apps (such as Power BI and Power Automate)
- First-hand experience with advanced Excel functionality, including Power Query (may be an advantage)
- Experience of working with and manipulating large and complex spreadsheets and datasets
- Ability to be highly organized with good time-management skills
- Ability to work independently with little management, and within a team (essential)
- Capability of being assertive with strong interpersonal skills including active listening, the ability to build relationships, persuade and negotiate
- Traits such as: dependability and strong written and verbal communication skills (important and necessary traits for this position)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.