The as well as keeping the Senior Sales Tax Analyst and Associate Tax Director informed of activities and any significant challenges or issues.
What You'll Do:
- as well as maintaining supporting work papers and files while providing a clear audit trail to source/support documentation.
- Performing reconciliations on tax general ledger accounts to verify account balances.
- Assisting with product taxability research and making any necessary changes to Vertex sales tax software as a result of such research. and appeals.
- Effectively communicate sales and use tax laws to both internal and external customers through research and interpretation of state regulations. This includes providing supporting documentation to internal/external customers.
- Assisting in analysis of proposed transactions for the purpose of identifying sales tax consequences. and implement those that impact the tax compliance.
- Preparing sales and use tax journal entries as required.
- Monitoring and maintaining sales tax software. duties and special projects as needed.
- Recommending process improvements.
- Assisting with sale tax audits
- Maintain tax compliance calendar and adhere to strict due dates
What You'll Need:
- Knowledge of tax related laws and regulations. Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Extensive knowledge with Sales Tax compliance and reconciliation skills.
- and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Extensive knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel. written and verbal communication skills.
- strong time management and organizational/record-keeping skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties. and can work independently with minimal management oversight.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work in a team environment.
- Position may require travel.
- Knowledge of the Vertex sales tax software is a plus.
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP Cloud is a plus.