PRECISIONscientia has a passion for improving patients’ lives, it is at the heart of everything we do! We thrive at the cutting edge of medicine—translating and presenting the science behind novel therapies, unique mechanisms, and complex diseases to improve patient lives. But the ultimate measure of our success is how well you do.
Do you have a passion for instructional design and adult learning principles that are rooted in science? If collaborating with clients on science that will impact Medical Science Liaisons and Sales Representatives of the pharmaceutical and biotech world is appealing, then you have found your next position!
The primary responsibility of the Sales Training Associate Scientific Director (STASD) is to ensure that all content developed is instructionally sound, evidence-based, of the highest editorial quality, meets the strategic objectives of our clients, and ultimately translates science into clinical benefit.
You will be responsible for providing scientific, medical, and instructional design expertise, strategies, and perspectives.
Partnering with Scientific Directors on other teams to ensure scientific accuracy, partnering with the sales training Strategic Account Director, Strategic Account Associate, and Sales Training Practice Director to translate the strategic, and educational objectives for pharmaceutical sales representatives and medical science liaisons (MSLs) across several therapeutic areas into compelling programs.
- Serve as the primary quality-control contact for internal and external content development.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team setting
- Outstanding time management skills to work effectively within demanding timelines
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with clients and thought leaders in a variety of therapeutic areas
Day to Day
- Helps develop interactive, engaging sales training materials and curriculum (eg, print/eLearning modules and backgrounders, competitive job aids, live/virtual workshops)
- Writes, reviews, and provides direction and feedback to others involved in the content development process (eg, Medical Writers, Editors, Graphic Artists)
- Analyzes, interprets, and utilizes complex medical documents; provides review and direction to junior team members to distill scientific information and communicate it clearly to target audiences
- Leads and/or supports others in discussions of content directly with clients
- Provides instructional, scientific, and strategic background to Writers, Editors, and other staff members
- Manages timelines and expectations throughout projects
- Coordinates and leads all aspects of the regulatory review process for all projects within client team(s)
- Ensures consistency and demonstrates learnings in regulatory review and other processes across client team(s)
- Help craft and propose sales training solutions with that are instructionally effective and meet the client’s needs
- Assists with strategic planning for business development
- Additional responsibilities
- Identifies new business opportunities for the Sales Training Strategic Account Director to pursue
- Participates in new business development presentations and pitches
- Works with the Strategic Account Director and STSD to:
- Adhere to PRECISIONscientia Standards of Excellence and ensure that all content meets these standards (eg, evidence-based, original, appropriately referenced, and adheres to industry and client standards)
- Apply and refine our content development processes and procedures to improve the efficiency of the sales training team and collaborations with other teams
- Assist in tracking team assignments, determine how to better share resources, and identify gaps and fill them
- Assist in developing and providing routine training and development for Writers and Editors to consistently deliver these Standards of Excellence
Minimum Required: Advanced life sciences degree: MD, PhD, or PharmD
- Extensive medical writing experience
- Teaching and/or curriculum development experience
- Communication agency experience (at least 2-3 years)
- Sales Training agency experience
- Understanding of instructional design and adult learning principles