This position is responsible for creating, designing, establishing, implementing, facilitating, and managing internal sales training programs to ensure the maximum effectiveness of sales efforts in achieving company goals. Responsible for motivating and creating a continuous learning environment for sales personnel which fosters development and retention of talented individuals. This position collaborates cross-functionally across the organization to develop and implement training initiatives using innovative technology and resources. This individual is responsible for managing departmental quality and integrity of materials for the PRC process while working with subject matter experts and instructional designers. Secondary responsibilities include supporting external education initiatives and infrastructure development. Includes other Education and Training duties as needed.
The following are intended to be examples of the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible. This description is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions for which the individual has demonstrated competency through performance.
- Develop, direct and implement sales training programs, including: Onboarding for new sales hires, New Hire Sales Training, Advanced Sales Training, , ongoing training and distance learning.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal departments and outside vendors to ensure sales training and resources align with corporate goals and objectives, working closely with Sales Leadership, Clinical Affairs, Compliance, and HR.
- Manage curriculum development of training, including:
- Work with subject matter experts to update course content based on operational or other changes in the organization.
- Oversee all legal/compliance material review activities (PRC), including submission, review and updates to final work products.
- Work with internal departments on materials/presentations to be consistent with internal branding and legal requirements.
- Work with internal creative design group on finalizing materials and support tools for print/dissemination.
- Ongoing evaluation of sales training for gaps in the training process, with development of new processes as needed or in response to shifting company goals
- Identify the need for and coordinate approved materials and disseminate to field through available resources, including online tools (Hub/webinars) and hard copy versions when appropriate
- Perform post-training evaluations/surveys to assess effectiveness of training
- Keep detailed documentation of all completed sales training
- Manage interactive, online training tools for optimal delivery and retention of training content, e.g., Millennium Resource Hub, NSM and Sales Training App, webinar platforms, and other software training tools.
- Collaborate with LMS Administrator/HR on functionality and delivery of sales training content via Millennium Health University (MHU).
- Develop and implement increased field-based training and development for sales, including through innovative microlearning techniques, multimedia and other industry best practices.
- Manage sales training resources, including presenters, onsite meeting space, offsite meeting space, IT, meals, and logistics.
- Member of National Sales Meeting Planning Committee: Manage NSM run-of-show rehearsals and execution, training curriculum development, legal and compliance approvals via PRC, develop meeting app and associated training materials
- Performs other related duties as required
Millennium Health offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package.
Millennium Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and E-Verify participant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status
- Ability to develop and manage impactful, effective and learning-intensive meetings
- Creative self-starter, ability to take initiative
- Excellent, professional level communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent attention to detail, planning and organizational skills, with ability to multitask, prioritize and meet multiple deadlines
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills with ability to interact with staff at all levels, in a fast-paced demanding environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Working understanding of medical, legal and regulatory review processes for educational and promotional materials, with strong editorial abilities and knowledge of AMA style
- Proficient in MS Office applications and Concur
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new training software programs and services.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar field
- Minimum two years’ of direct sales experience required
- 4 years of sales training experience highly preferred
- Experience in instructional design, instructional technology, and sales leadership development is preferred
- At least 2 years of experience working with technological platforms to deploy training and education