"Make Life Shine Brighter"
Do you dream in C++? More at home in front of a keyboard than on the store floor? Join our development team and you’ll be coding, testing and debugging programs. You’ll also have the chance to program original code, customize applications, and gain insight into systems analysis procedures.
It’s our job to provide an excellent customer experience, regardless of where and how our customer is shopping—then use our data and the most innovative e-commerce technology to enhance that experience. Shopping online and shopping in-store may always be a little different—but the customer experience has to be seamless, and with the same ultimate goal: a happy customer.
This position is a full time role and is not approved for visa sponsorship, so please let me know if you are able to work in the US without restrictions.
The Manager, HR Technology - Salesforce Developer will focus on the Salesforce platform, providing functional and technical knowledge to ensure successful delivery of an innovative, high quality solution to the Human Resources organization running Salesforce as their Case Management system. This individual is responsible for leading key activities on Salesforce tool including; Salesforce system administration, system configuration, application and integration coding, testing, training and on-going support. The Salesforce Developer must have the ability to lead and work as part of a collaborative team in order to be successful. This individual must be very pro-active, have initiative and ability to reach out to ensure tasks and deliverables are met, risks and mitigation strategies uncovered. This individual must communicate with confidence, build relationships through inspiring trust and sharing information and be able to challenge assumptions.
Perform other duties as assigned. This position can be based out of any Macy's location.
• Lead the Salesforce team through administration, configuration, customization and development within Salesforce platform as well as production support to quickly fix production issues
• Understand all aspects of Salesforce configuration and technical/functional capabilities, including all changes and potential system implications related to the Salesforce release upgrades
• Design, develop and implement solutions for complex business problems/functions on Salesforce platform
• Build data-centric applications including customer portals within Salesforce using Force.com platform and integrate with services outside the platform
• Manage the administration of Salesforce including but not limited to the development of Visualforce/APEX/API, configuration of page layouts, custom fields, email and mail merge templates, list views, case assignment rules, security settings, reports and dashboards, work flow triggers, workflow alerts, and automated notifications
• Assist in architecting and implementing business processes, workflows and applications in Salesforce while adhering to Salesforce / Service Center best practices
• Communicates regularly with the Salesforce Product Owner, HR Leadership, IT Leadership, and other stakeholders to ensure functionality meets HR needs through a managed backlog and release plan
• Maintains high-level familiarity with other IT system / business application capabilities and scope definition in order to make recommendations about potential upstream/downstream integration or functionality intersection points
• Partner with the process team and user community, including leaders, to identify their business requirements; analyze business processes; analyze source data; produce functional specifications, data flows and business rules; and assist with the implementation of those specifications
• Define and advocate technical collaboration across systems and functional departments within Macy’s; assist in developing and analysing functional solutions for integrating Salesforce with other applications
• Maintain updated system documentation and Salesforce policies/procedures; maintain the Salesforce support queue by promptly responding to user questions and requests for administrative support.
• Provide coaching and guidance to other members of the Salesforce Administration team
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, business management, or a related field desired.
• Strong Salesforce functional, development and administration skills - a minimum of 3-6 years related experience.
• Experience as a Business Analyst desired.
• Salesforce.com Certified Developer will be a plus.
• Moderate to heavy technical experience with:
• Salesforce Service Cloud
• Salesforce Lightning UI
• Salesforce Community Portal
• CTI integration with Avaya or another telephony provider
• SSO with non-Salesforce applications using SAML2, OAuth
• Salesforce development technologies and tool sets - Visual Force, Force.com, Apex classes, Metadata APIs, SOQL, Workflows, Triggers, Cases, Chat
Integrations with non-Salesforce applications using enterprise WSDL and custom web services (as service provider and service client)
• Creation, population and synching of Sandboxes as non-production environments
• Full development life cycle - admin, configure, develop including object/field customization, deploy/test in sandbox, deploy/verify in production
• Data architecture and databases - data definitions, DB schemas, SQLs, triggers, procedural SQL
• Strong ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization and to effectively manage stakeholders by creating positive relationships with all team members through the appropriate management of their expectations and agreed objectives.
• Proficient written and verbal communications, collaboration skills, organization, attention to detail and negotiation skills.
• Must have above average mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages, and the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and the office equipment.
• May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Outstanding business acumen, intellectual curiosity, excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills, and the ability to influence cross-functional teams.
• Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to details), and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Strong organizational and project management skills, able to plan, prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.