Salesforce Developer Junior
Arizona State University
DEV Web App and SalesForce
The University Technology Office (UTO) Development team at ASU is seeking a motivated Salesforce Developer to join our high-performing team. UTO Dev is a diverse team of 90+ developers and analysts that provide robust, secure, leading edge software and systems to the University community of students, faculty and staff.
ASU is the largest state university and has for the last 4 years in a row been recognized by US News and World Report as the most innovative university.
ASU is also the largest deployment of Salesforce globally for non-profit education entities. ASU’s use of Salesforce is one of the most comprehensive implementations including (Sales, Service and Marketing Clouds), unique (the ASU Advisor Portal was a customized Salesforce build that has won the Salesforce Excellence Award for Student Success), and innovative (we test services that aren’t broadly deployed if even built yet: Einstein, IoT Cloud, Blockchain solutions…).
Depends on experience
- Develop solutions in Salesforce and related systems for business use cases.
- Collaborate with colleagues on coding, source control management, technical reviews, and troubleshooting.
- Participate in all phases of the development life cycle, including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, CI/CD deployment, transition, and support.
- Utilize strong design and development patterns and frameworks to ensure solutions are sound and meet requirements.
- Follow good practices and project guidelines in all cases including the use of source code control, automated testing and deployment approaches, test-case-based development, and proper documentation practices.
- Continue to develop professional and technical knowledge by working with other team members, attending workshops and webinars, acquiring certifications, reading industry publications, and participating in technology communities.
- Contribute to the ASU University Technology Office development team by sharing knowledge, assisting others, and keeping up with the new trends and best practices as they evolve in the industry.
- Identify and quickly escalate potential issues with design, packaged software, client resources, or anything else that impacts your ability to deliver according to expectations.
- Attend required meetings and calls on time and with adequate preparation.
Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field; AND, One (1) year of information technology experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Certificates from recognized programs that indicate mastery of tools and techniques relevant to the assignment may substitute for up to six months experience.
- Experience with APEX, Java, C#, or other object-oriented language
- Experience with Salesforce project development experience
- Evidence of a technical background, analytical skills, and problem-solving skills
- Evidence of fundamentals of object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- Experience with database design concepts and use of SOQL, SOSL, or SQL
- Experience working in a dynamic environment
- Experience working and communicating well with colleagues and customers
- Experience in troubleshooting, tuning, and optimizing technical enterprise systems
- Experience in taking the lead role in delivering complex technical systems and mission critical services
- Experience in stimulating changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment
- Experience in leading by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs
Use PC, sit or stand for extended periods of time, walk moderate distances to perform work, use hand/fingers for repetitive motion (keyboarding/typing), communicate both orally and in writing, and read/interpret written and oral instructions/directions. May require lifting of items weighing up to 40 lbs.
The University Technology Office embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf . You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services .
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 53525BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobid=3850433#jobDetails=3850433_5494
To be determined