As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Responsible for overseeing, developing, implementing, maintaining, and enhancing test plans, scripts and methodologies to ensure comprehensive testing and compliance with system specifications. Plays lead role in evaluation of testing results, formulates strategies for more efficient testing methods, maintains current knowledge of Quality Assurance and Testing industry standards, and implements improvements as needed. Makes independent, creative, technical contributions to testing IT business solutions for fulfillment of user requirements and deployment readiness, employing quality standards and controls throughout the change life cycle. Requires strong interpersonal and technical skills to work effectively and efficiently with members of all related IT teams and business partners.
- Collaborates, oversees, reviews, writes, revises, and validates quality standards and test procedures for program design and product evaluation to attain quality of software economically and efficiently.
- Defines methods to eliminate or mitigate software risks and ensure compliancy with security and risk requirements
- Evaluates change requests, considering increased value versus technical considerations and overall risk.
- Develops performance measures, test plans, testing methodology, and product release criteria based on business, compliance, risk and technical requirements.
- Develops, defines, and implements testing strategies and processes corresponding to the needs of the system (including environment(s)) or project.
- Utilizes metrics to evaluate and provide information on system readiness, defect tracking, and other measurements as appropriate.
- Supports the Voya DevOps platform tools/process and procedures to ensure quality practices, and adherence to process, throughout the code migration and execution process.
- Provides documentation, diagrams, flow charts and any other materials needed to determine and show programs will perform according to user request and conform to guidelines. Analysts will provide metrics and other presentations as needed.
- Recommends program and environment improvements or corrections to technical and business IT staff.
- Actively looks for and implements quality and testing efficiencies to improve the overall system delivery.
- Adheres to and supports all organizational and IT policies and procedures regarding software development and project management.
- Champions use of standard and automated testing and Quality Assurance tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salesforce Specific Knowledge & Experience:
- QA experience with Salesforce
- Salesforce Certification a Plus
- Experience with automations tools: Selenium, Coded UI and/ or other UI automation tools and technologies
General Knowledge & Experience:
5+ years of testing and Quality Assurance experience, including writing detailed test cases, test plans and strategies.
Prior experience with web, client server and/or mainframe applications.
- Experience communicating with multiple business partners & development groups to gain an understanding of the QA requirements with the goal of creating a plan for effective QA execution.
Testing and Quality Standards knowledge – architecture, infrastructure, security, DevOps
Testing & Quality Industry Standards knowledge
Change Management - code migrations to QA & ServiceNow tickets
Mentoring ( QA analysts)
Financial Management/Work effort estimates
Knowledge of end-to-end testing/regression testing of all AM/AE application and infrastructure changes (that impact the BU) and documents results
Testing - developing test plans, test scripts, implementing test plans, test scripts and maintaining test plans, test scripts, test methodologies
Software risk and compliance knowledge
Release Management Process
Business requirement analysis for test implications & functional requirement analysis for test implications
Design/Tech Specification knowledge
Defect management, Performance management and analysis
Quality Assurance IT Automation tools - Business user and Admin
Application knowledge: Web, Client server , Mainframe & Quality specific tool knowledge/application
Work independently in a leadership capacity
Communication & Problem solving skills
Business relationship management & Collaboration – internal, external teams & business partners
Business Acumen among LOBs (past, current, future goals, strategies and plans)
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills.