“The Mountain Sport Company”, Salomon was born in 1947 in the heart of the French Alps and the birthplace of modern Alpinism. Salomon’s commitment to innovative design and passion for mountain sports created a vast range of revolutionary new concepts in bindings, boots, skis and apparel for both Alpine and Nordic skiing and brought innovative solutions to footwear, apparel and equipment for snowboarding, adventure racing, mountaineering, hiking, trail running, and many other sports. Through performance driven design, Salomon delivers innovation and progression to mountain sports; converting new ideas into action and expanding the limits of possibility. Salomon’s heritage, culture, and commitment are tied together by one simple concept: the world’s leading mountain people creating the world’s leading mountain products. Diversity is one of Salomon’s five values, therefore we are committed to creating and inclusive environment for all. Salomon is headquartered in Annecy, France.
Amer Sports is a dynamic, global sporting goods company with internationally recognized brands including Salomon, Arc’teryx, Peak Performance, Atomic, Suunto, Wilson and Precor. Amer Sports Winter and Outdoors, situated at the base of world-class skiing in Ogden, UT, is looking for individuals to join our team, professionals who are passionate about contributing to the success of our company while building a career in the outdoor industry. Across its portfolio of brands Amer recruits talented professionals who combine personal ambition with enthusiasm for working as part of a team toward a common goal. We are a company where ambitious, competent and motivated people can make their mark. All our team members are ready to strive for the best of the company and to win together. Just like our customers, we are dedicated to an active lifestyle and sports. Join us.
We are currently seeking a Salomon Sales Development Analyst
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze, identify and pursue areas to drive sales, market share, and generate new business through a consultative sales approach
- Support the Sales team through analysis and insights to aid in planning assortments aligned with category targets and business development plans
- Partner with the Sales team to develop strategic sales and promotional opportunities based on market share data, trends, and the market’s competitive landscape
- Effectively generate and analyze POS reporting tools, and communicate actionable trends and sales opportunities to the sales team
- Increase revenue and profitability and minimize risk by generating and managing accurate item level demand forecasts
- Assist in the management of the flow of goods through the supply chain by working directly with the planning and supply chain teams
- Build and maintain great working relationships with the account teams and all cross- functional areas within Salomon
- Assist National Account Manager and Customer Service in effectively managing order book to reduce cancellations, charge backs, and proactively communicate delays to customer
- Assist with additional sales support responsibilities as assigned
- 40% Travel annually, as needed
- This role requires a bachelor's degree in Business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- We are looking for a candidate with minimum of 3 years of experience in sales environment.
- Previous experience with research/analysis, buying/replenishment or customer service within a consumer products
- Knowledge of the outdoor industry
Other qualifications include
- Solution-oriented thinking: Ability to process and reconcile large amounts of data and recognize problems or opportunities based on that date and offer actionable solutions
- Strategic Relationship Building: Excellent relationship and communication skills with great ability to work with all levels of the organization as well as external customers, vendors, and business partners
- Formal Presentation: Ability to present information clearly to large groups in person and in writing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically with advanced Excel functions, including PowerPivot and advanced formulas
- Time management: Ability to prioritize and deliver key responsibilities on time
What We’ll Provide
This role is based at the regional headquarters for our Amer Sports Winter & Outdoor category of Brands in the city of Ogden, Utah--the gateway to the many exciting ski areas and other outdoor recreation.
We offer a great working environment in the sports industry with talented & passionate colleagues all over the world! Other benefits and perks include:
- Medical, dental and vision
- 401k with company match
- Life insurance, pre-tax transit benefit program
- Discounts on Amer Sports products
- Smart casual dress
- Free gym membership and ski pass
- Summer hours
Amer Sports is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.