GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Salon Manager (SM) is responsible for leading through Ulta Beauty’s mission, vision, and values in order to develop a high-performing team that consistently delivers sales growth in hair and skin services. The SM leads a team of designers and is accountable for all aspects of the services business, including service sales, guest satisfaction, and operational process. This leader drives his/her business through a focus on performance (service sales and in-store events), people (guest satisfaction and associate training), and process (operating procedures and compliance standards). This position requires a drive for results, a passion for the beauty industry, exceptional guest service, and the aptitude to learn and teach service technique and product knowledge.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
The SM is a champion of Ulta Beauty’s mission, vision, and values, and should demonstrate them skillfully and consistently through the following (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned):
- Meet or exceed goals related to services sales and operational excellence.
- Execute salon events that deliver an unrivaled guest experience while delivering on services sales and payroll goals.
- Build a team that embodies the Ulta Beauty brand by delivering exceptional service and coaching to the behaviors of the Ulta Beauty at your Service program while additionally driving guest loyalty.
- Review and interpret financial and operational reporting regularly, including salon visit and audit results.
- Identify underperforming metrics and develop strategies that leverage company programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow the business.
- Attract, hire, and retain a diverse team of top talent.
- Train, coach, and develop designers using company programs, tools, and resources.
- Execute monthly Empower Hour meetings with designers
- Create an environment that inspires and encourages the growth and engagement of designers and ensure all designers are attending Ulta Beauty training programs and classes
- Establish professional peer and brand partner relationships that foster a shared interest in collaboratively delivering on service sales goals.
- Promote a culture of service excellence amongst the leadership team and cross functional service partners by sharing best practices, establishing priorities, and providing support in other service areas.
- Be knowledgeable of, and ensure compliance with Ulta Beauty policies, procedures, and standards
- Be knowledgeable of, and ensure compliance to Infection Control Policy
- Use the company’s scheduling tool as directed to create and adjust schedules that support service sales growth
- Manage salon supply inventory, including ordering product, managing orders within allocated budget and ensuring products necessary for services are on hand
- Use the company’s task management tool as directed to prioritize and execute store workload, including product and marketing resets, pricing updates, inventory related tasks, cleaning, and replenishment.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace safety, inventory control, and loss prevention.
- Support continuous improvement by implementing company programs and influencing end-user adoption.
- Cosmetology school graduate
- Ability to work behind the chair up to 60% of the time
- 5 years relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Financial management: success with driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and controlling expense
- Advanced competency in salon sales, product and services
- Demonstrated knowledge of State Board of Cosmetologists regulations and hiring requirements
- Leadership management: experience with attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change and leading others through the change-curve, developing collaborative relationships with others, and leading and influencing
- Proficient with basic technology (e.g., POS system, Microsoft Office programs, and Apple devices)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks with moving parts
- Ability to react under pressure, use good judgment in ambiguous situations, and be flexible/adaptable
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Cosmetology license
- 2 years salon management experience, management license as required by state law
- Work a flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Attend offsite meetings (may require overnight travel)
- Continuous mobility throughout the store on a daily basis
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis
- Stoop, kneel, and crouch on a daily basis
- Climb a ladder and maintain balance on a daily basis
For positions located in San Francisco: pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.