Responsible for meeting or exceeding salon service and pro-hair sales budget through staff recruiting and productivity development; salon service promotions; and salon service demonstrations. Responsible for creating an environment that maintains and exceeds standards of excellence in Guest Service, client retention skills, staff technical proficiency, and professional hair care recommendations. Primary contact for all salon personnel.
Use your skills, experience & talents to be part of something BEAUTIFUL! As a Salon Manager you will perform the following essential functions…
- Meets or exceeds salon financial metrics including; service revenue, average ticket, guest count, guest retention, rebooking, skin treatments, pro hair retail revenue, retention/turnover and contribution goals
- Demonstrates business acumen, with an understanding of key business drivers and can identify opportunities for growth with in own location especially payroll management, staffing for growth, average ticket and rebooking.
- Responsible for performing hair services on guests. Time behind the chair based on business need.
- Demonstrates high standards for customer service and salon image standards, internal candidates would exemplify ULTA standards and consistently deliver ULTA Experience service model.
- Responsible for the management of all salon personnel including (but not limited to) recruitment, training, product knowledge and skills development, loss prevention knowledge, performance management, safety, recognition, and legal compliance.
- Leads through growing people and their productivity, has clear vision of individual team member and/or personal goals. Has demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills and can verbalize the steps taken to achieve those goals. Internally, has participated in Salon Professional Development meetings; can identify when coaching vs. mentoring is needed and has personally achieved a level jump. Can articulate the behaviors that moved them through the level jump. This would be demonstrated by increased associate productivity, clear measurable goals, monthly SPDMs and annual performance appraisals.
- Analyzes on a weekly/monthly basis the salon sales, expenses and trends, utilizing ShortCuts System reports, with the General Manager/District Manager to determine ongoing standards for weekly revenue goals, staff productivity goals, average ticket goals, and customer retention goals.
- Responsible for taking business goals and developing a quarterly plan of action, with clear steps and measurements and consistently execute to deliver expected results.
- Responsible for identifying the skill development needed for each salon professional and determining the right resource, including themselves, to develop the skill.
- Place and check in supply orders timely and within budget; while ensuring not to run out of needed supplies to services guests.
- Conducts verbal and technical interviews, talent selection per ULTA guidelines.
- Ensures all internal/external technical product training classes are attended.
Experience we are looking for…
- Cosmetology school graduate, 5 yrs. relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Cosmetology license, as required by state law.
- 2 yrs. salon management experience, (management license, as required by state law).
- Demonstrates advanced competency in salon sales, products and service.
- Demonstrated knowledge of State board of Cosmetologists’ regulations and hiring requirements.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build a strong and productive team environment.
- On a regular basis, requires the ability to walk.
- On a regular basis, requires the ability to reach with hands and arms.
- On a regular basis, requires the ability to stand for a minimum of 4 hours.
- On a regular basis, requires the ability to lift and/or move 50 lbs.
- On an occasional basis, requires the ability to climb a ladder and balance.
- On a frequent basis, requires the ability to stoop, kneel and crouch.
For positions located in San Francisco: pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.