The US Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) has awarded Allegan County CMH (ACCMHS) a 5-year, $2 million grant to address the problem of homelessness among substance-involved and mentally-ill in Allegan County. ACCMHS is seeking TWO full time SAMHSA – GBHI Master’s Level Clinicians.
Two full-time Masters Level clinician to provide outreach and clinical service to persons who are experiencing homelessness and coping with a substance use disorders. Qualified staff will use the MISSION: Maintaining Independence and Sobriety through Systems, Integration, and Networking Model to support housing and recovery goals. This position is also responsible to carry out agency compliance functions in accordance with local, state, and federal standards and applicable agency policies.
- Provide assessment for homeless assistance, Substance Use, and Co-Occurring Mental Health Services.
- Provide screening and orientation to the MISSION program including the introduction of treatment planning and prioritization of goals.
- Use Critical Time Intervention to guide MISSION services in coordination with the MISSION Peer Support Specialist
- Provide Dual Recovery Therapy sessions.
- Identify and monitor participant trauma-related symptoms, housing and recovery needs.
- Provide referrals as needed to support housing and recovery.
- Facilitate discharge planning from MISSION Program to community services and supports.
- Provide transportation or assistance with use of public transportation to support housing and recovery goals.
- Maintain documentation and participant records as required by grant agreement and agency policy and procedures.
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work with Licensure to practice in the State of Michigan.
- Minimum of at least 3 years’ experience working with persons experiencing homelessness and persons with substance use disorders or co-occurring SUD and Mental Health related diagnosis.
- Preference for candidates with Michigan Certification Board of Addition Professionals certification.
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Housing First, Crisis Intervention, and de-escalation experience beneficial.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time off & Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage
- Mileage Reimbursement
Deadline for resumes: December 18, 2018