The US Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) has awarded Allegan County CMH (ACCMHS) a 5-year, $2 million grant to address the problem of homelessness among substance-involved and mentally-ill in Allegan County. ACCMHS is seeking TWO full time SAMHSA – GBHI Peer Support Specialists.
Peer Support Specialist to provide outreach and supportive services to persons who are experiencing homelessness and coping with a substance use disorders. Qualified staff will use the MISSION: Maintaining Independence and Sobriety through Systems, Integration, and Networking Model to support housing and recovery goals. This position is also responsible to carry out agency compliance functions in accordance with local, state, and federal standards and applicable agency policies.
- Provide outreach and assistance to persons who are experiencing homelessness that supports housing and recovery goals.
- Use Critical Time Intervention to guide MISSION services in coordination with the MISSION Master’s Level Clinician.
- Conduct MISSION peer sessions on 11 topic areas related to transitioning to healthy living in community settings.
- Increase motivation of participants towards recovery by promoting and modeling a healthy lifestyle.
- Provide transportation or assistance with use of public transportation to support housing and recovery goals.
- Maintain documentation and participant records as required by grant agreement and agency policy and procedures.
- Lived experiences related to homelessness and substance use or co-occurring mental health diagnoses. Must have been served or, currently being served by a public mental health system.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Housing First, Crisis Intervention, and de-escalation experience beneficial.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED, some college preferred but not required.
- State of Michigan Peer Support Specialist Certification, preferred but not required.
- Preference (but not required) for candidates with Michigan Certification Board of Addition Professionals certification.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time off & Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage
- Mileage Reimbursement
Deadline for resumes: December 18, 2018