The San Diego KOA is an award-winning outdoor campground resort looking for enthusiastic people to join our food and beverage team. Sunny southern California allows us to be open 365 days a year offering camping in RVs, Cabins, Deluxe Cabins & tents. Our goal is to create a great camping experience for our guests by offering excellent customer service. If you enjoy being outdoors, meeting new people, and putting on events we would love to talk to you!
The Sand Castle Café is an onsite restaurant open 7 days a week in the summer season (reduced hours October-April) that serves everything from breakfast burritos & lattes to handmade pizza and beer from local breweries. Our staff also does specialized catering events throughout the year!
• Ensures customers receive a high level of service consistent with our customer service philosophy
• Communicate with all staff and management using Basecamp System
• Enforce campground policies and implement solutions consistent with goals of park
• Proactive guest management to ensure positive environment for all guests
• Coordinate with Guest Service staff for problem resolution when applicable
• Utilize creative problem-solving skills
• Prepare breakfast, lunch & dinner depending on the season in a café style food service kitchen
• Be comfortable using a variety of kitchen appliances and utensils
• Food prep for all meals during shift
• Clean and maintain food prep area according to Health Code
• Clean all appliances and equipment daily
• Cashier and process orders
• Assist with perishable and non perishable inventory on a weekly basis
• Other duties as assigned
• Good customer service and communications skills
• Ability to multi task and prioritize
• Able to work with others and work independently
• Professional Appearance and attitude towards guests and fellow team members
• Communicate professionally and patiently
• Be on your feet during shift and able to lift at least 30 lbs.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Actively communicate both verbally and written
• Must have prior line/short order cooking experience
• Have or acquire a Food Handler’s Permit
• Comfortable serving alcohol & handling raw food
• Not afraid to try new recipes!
This position reports to the Food and Beverage manager and considered part time. The working hours will be mainly Thursday through Sunday in the mornings, afternoons, and evenings, including some split shifts. Highest activity on the weekends and holidays. Successful candidates can expect part time hours September - May (10-20/week) and then increasing hours (up to 40/week) during June, July & August depending on occupancy. It comes with a starting pay of range of $13 and up depending on experience. All applicants must be at least 18 years of age.