Under the general direction of the Food Service Supervisor and Team Leaders, cleans and sanitizes the equipment and environmental surfaces in the department. Specializes in application of accurately diluted chemicals and equipment to clean and sanitize dishware, pots/pans, utensils, food service equipment, floors, walls, vents, and other identified items. Assures a safe environment by maintaining dry floors, use of wet floor signage, removal of garbage, and prevention of cross contamination. Complies with regulatory guidelines and follows departmental procedures. Takes initiative to address operational issues without direction such as dishmachine downtime, overflowing garbage, and equipment failure. May receive assignments in other units in order to assure continuity of patient and customer service. Demonstrates knowledge and skills to appropriately communicate and interact with the customers, patients, families, and visitors of all age groups while being sensitive to their cultural and religious beliefs.
- Demonstrate proper opening and closing of dish room and pot room.
- Completes assigned task and assists were needed in the dept.
- Demonstrate proper documentation of temps and test strips in the pot room and dish room.
- Demonstrate use of all equipment in sanitation and trash room down in basement.
- Demonstrate proper use of all chemicals and controls cost and waste of chemicals.
- Demonstrate customer service by communicating and interacting with customers.
- Demonstrate to work as a team to complete the assignments for the sanitation area.
- Demonstrate keeping your station clean and organized.
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Reading Skills required.
One year of experience in healthcare, foodservice, or institutional environment preferred. Will provide on the job training.
Required Preferred Timeframe
X n/a Current ServeSafe certification
Ability to perform repetitive tasks under time pressures while meeting required sanitation standards. Ability to interact in a positive manner using tact, courtesy, and maintaining confidentiality. Ability to work independently and complete assigned work. Knowledge in the safe use of harsh chemicals, steam, and hot water. Responds without delay to potential hazards.