Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Sanitation Worker is required to safely sanitize equipment by following processes and procedures to ensure our facility is maintained food safe and in regulatory compliance. In addition to sanitizing equipment, the job includes routine custodial services, building and grounds upkeep, tasks required according to the master sanitation schedule, and other duties as assigned.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Practices and complies with all company safety rules and procedures, including but not limited to, the Master Safety Rules, Lock Out / Tag Out, electrical safety, personal protective equipment and confined spaces.
- Sweeps, wipes, scrubs, vacuums, sanitizes, washes, and picks up as required to keep building, grounds and equipment clean and sanitary to provide an environment to produce wholesome food products meeting company, regulatory and customer standards.
- Assigned job responsibilities on plant sanitation days.
- Ensures safe and proper use of tools and equipment; ensures hand tools are free of defects; maintains neat and orderly work area, including proper storage/disposal of solvents, paints, and other cleaning chemicals in accordance with OSHA, EPA and other regulatory agencies and company policy.
- Communicates/coordinates with other departments to ensure optimum, efficient utilization of non-running time to properly maintain company's equipment.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits.
- Follow direction from plant managerial team and Foreperson.
- Other duties as assigned
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Ability to recognize and encourage the behaviors that contribute to teamwork
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all associates in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to work on their own