The SAP Business Analyst is responsible for the efficiency of the whole IT SAP services on-site :
- Capturing the business demand and ensuring efficient use of SAP application solutions and consistency and integration with IT global solution
- Coordinating all SAP activities with SAP CoE and external providers
- Defining and implementing continuous improvement plans
- Contributing to successful SAP projects rollout
Responsible for the whole SAP functional domains: manufacturing process, production Planning, quality management, sales & distribution, materials management, plant maintenance
This position will encompass mainly the following modules: PP, QM, MM, SD, PM, & MES
Continuous enhancement :
- Liaise with SAP CoE teams (Support & Operations team and Functional Domain Experts) to ensure that demands, issues and concerns from the end-user community are reflected in the relevant discussions with the business stakeholders
- Proactively identify opportunities for increased operational and business efficiencies and work proactively with key users to action them
- Provide overall assistance to local KU community during lifecycle of tickets, especially in evaluating the definition of business requirements and the change request (scoping BRD) and during UAT.
- Provide inputs for prioritization and ordering of change requests during SAP CAB (Change Advisory Board)
- Ensure consistencies with local applications team between SAP solution and MES solution
- Developing test plans and performing quality control over testing to assure the functionality and integrity of system.
- Business support: troubleshooting system issues, analyzing processes and recommending course of action. Proactive incident management.
- Understand the technology and business strategies of the organization, participate with the Site IT Manager, Local teams and SAP CoE in system evolution
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of SAP processes by implementing and using Lean tools
- Contribute to the application of processes, standards, policies and methods by controlling in order to be SOX compliant
- Update relevant documentations shared with SAP CoE, external providers and key users.
- Animate the local key users community to keep them efficient and motivated by
- Organizing and contributing to key users training
- Up-dating key users community with central IT happenings, including SAP’s CoE
- Work with the business, local IT team and SAP CoE project team to develop a robust business case for each proposed project and major change requests
- Validate and document required business capabilities
Leadership competencies, technical skills requirement
• Master or Bachelor’s Degree in CIS, Engineering, or other relevant area
• Master’s Degree is preferred
• Minimum 5 years of experience working with SAP 6.0 or higher
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an international IT-environment, within the manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
• Experience with minimum 1 SAP full life cycle implementation is preferred
Language / Communication Skills:
• Strong communication skills to dialogue with and challenge all business stakeholders as well as central IT teams. Capacity to work on a virtual team environment.
• Fluency in English is a must.
Technical / Analytical Skills:
- Broad and in-depth experience of SAP, both from a technical and functional perspective. General understanding on SAP ERP architecture and knowledge on SAP customizing.
- MES (Manufacturing Execution System) and SAP interfaces with external systems knowledge is a plus
- Ability to identify priorities, deadlines, and expectations and execute assignments accordingly.
- Experience, competence and enthusiasm for implementing solutions to shape and improve business processes.
- Open minded to act as change agent and to fill comfortable with continuous improvement and Lean principles.
- Pragmatism to analyze and manage incidents/ problems.
- Highly motivated with the desire to work both independently and on a team as required.
- Awareness, practice and commitment to safe working place
- Good understanding of ITIL framework will be an advantage
* The SAP Business Analyst controls and coordinates the SAP support which is also ensured by the SAP CoE team and external providers (AMS, Ortal,…), even if he is not directly accountable
* The SAP Business Analyst prioritize the actions finding the right compromise between business wishes, IT global solution, resources availability and costs optimization
* The SAP Business Analyst has to act partially in a virtual team environment
This role will liaise closely with:
- Local key users,
- Central SAP CoE team (Support & Operations team and SAP Functional domain experts),
- Other local IT team for integration between SAP solution and local applications,
- Projects managers for project delivery,
- Site IT Manager for alignment between business needs and IT strategy, and in order to master central solutions and services delivered at the site level