Requisition ID: 200181
Work Area: Software-User Experience
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Consumer Travel Group Description (Hipmunk, TripIt)
Acquired by SAP Concur (in 2011 and 2016, respectively), TripIt and Hipmunk are part of SAP Concur’s Consumer Travel group, based in San Francisco, CA. We offer the best of both worlds: a start-up-like culture and independence, with the backing, infrastructure, and connections of the world’s largest provider of enterprise application software and a leader in cloud solutions.
Our combined 100+ person Consumer Travel team is dynamic, passionate, and diverse. We’re focused on delivering powerful solutions to complex travel problems, while leveraging the upsides associated with a global powerhouse. We value an open, trusting, collaborative, and fun culture, allowing all of us to focus on getting stuff done quickly and to the highest of standards.
Our team’s vision is to make every trip easier, for every frequent business traveler -- across a traveler’s entire journey. Hipmunk takes the work out of planning trip, so users can make the smartest travel plans. TripIt reduces stress for travelers by helping them stay organized and one fstep ahead, so they can make the most out of all their trips.
Our Consumer Travel design team is a talented group of 8-10 problem solvers, makers, and artists. We’re looking for an experienced Head of Product Design to help lead and build out a well-functioning and highly-skilled group of designers. You will be at the helm of a team delivering new user experiences on Hipmunk, Tripit, and emergent products, across mobile and web. Come join us as we take SAP Concur’s consumer travel products into the future!
• Oversee product design and user research teams across our Consumer Travel products, including Hipmunk, TripIt, and Virtual Assistants
• Work closely with VP of Consumer Travel Products and Directors of Product for TripIt and Hipmunk to determine design strategy and direction
• Collaborate with leaders of multidisciplinary teams, including Product Management and Engineering, to execute on business objectives
• Ensure teams are delivering high-quality product design work that delivers our joint Consumer Travel strategy and Hipmunk and TripIt missions
• Contribute planning for the design team and company at large translating business objectives into a clear design strategy
• Define optimal design processes and organization structures
• Define career paths, helping people to identify opportunities for growth and define plans for achieving measurable goals
• Advocate for design function to stakeholders at all levels with clear, articulate rationale for design decisions
• Minimum 8+ years experience leading teams of designers, 5+ years in a people management role
• Experience working on travel, ecommerce, or consumer-facing products across multiple platforms
• Ability to attract, hire and retain top design talent
• Creative direction on a broad, modern app that has significant scale
• Experience closely collaborating with technical teams
• Excellent at motivating and inspiring people to do their best work
• Highly collaborative, low-ego approach to design
This role will report directly to the Vice President of Consumer Travel Products at SAP Concur
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.