The SAP Functional Manager will lead a team of SAP functional analysts and developers, including employees and contractors, both onshore and offshore. This role will manage the SAP services and support teams for customer impacting services like E-Commerce, CRM, BSP Websites and other SAP functionality that is largely code-based and/or customer-facing. This role will provide business leadership, vision, and direction for SAP and other applications in support of the enterprise’s business objectives and requirements. This role will lead and leverage people and business solutions to improve and maximize business process. This SAP Team plays a critical role in the leadership of application change, ensuring that processes and resources are in place to provide continuous support, improvement and availability to the business applications.
People Management: Encourages the growth of all direct and indirect reports through skills development, objectives and goal setting. Holds direct reports accountable for meeting performance standards and departmental performance goals. Mentors staff, measures staff performance and completes regular performance reviews and rankings. Resolves employee issues in an effective and consistent manner.
Operations Management: Oversees both direct and indirect reporting relationships within the team to ensure the highest level of competency and execution of business focused objectives. Provides metrics and statistics to measure the operational effectiveness of the team. Ensures all established processes have measurements in place, as well as a method for review and process improvement.
Project Team Work: Leads their team in completion of SAP-functional and development tasks of a project. Manages the documentation of business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and functional specifications on a project-by-project basis. Oversees the software development lifecycle process, including SAP configuration, development, changes, testing, and documentation, then transition to production, including project management, change management, communication with stakeholders, cutover tasks, production support and impact to our customers. Supports project assessments and initiation by articulating scope, risks and estimates.
SAP Enhancements: Leads their team in collaborating with other project team members, program users and internal and external stakeholders in the conceptualization and enhancement of software applications. Oversees the overall effort on projects and partners with project managers to establish, maintain, and identify and mitigate risk to software project schedules. Lead architectural and design review to ensure best practices, quality, efficiency, and security, to ensure Patterson policies and standards are followed, and to ensure enhancements meet the operational integration, quality, and performance goals of the SAP solution.
Issue Resolution: Drives highest level support for incoming incident tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues. Collaborates with peers, managers and customers to resolve problems with software products or company software systems. Is accountable for delivering solutions to problem areas.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- At least 8 years of SAP ERP OTC and/or CRM experience
- At least 3 years of ABAP and BSP development experience
- At least 2 years’ experience leading teams and/or projects in the enhancements and support of SAP systems
- Strong understanding of the integration between SAP ERP and other SAP and non-SAP applications.
- Experience leading a team that plans and executes to meet deadlines, while promoting a positive work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and influence senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Strong ability to build relationships with IT, business, and executive stakeholders.
- Proven track record achieving results in complex situations.
- Good planning/project management skills.
- Ability to convert business needs into technical requirements.
- Proficiency with office productivity tools such as Microsoft Excel, Word and Visio.
An Equal Opportunity EmployerPatterson Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.