Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
We’re not about coffee runs and boring busywork. Our SAS Summer internship program is focused on development, culture and community. We’ll help you grow professionally, thrive in an award-winning work environment and make memorable connections with your co-workers and fellow interns. From contributing analytical code to improving insights for our Fortune 100 customers, the potential to make a real impact is exciting.
Our internship offers a chance to work in a professional fabrication environment with real deadlines. His or her dedication to the task and job completion is paramount. The intern may be asked to assemble furnishings and fixtures that are cut on our CNC router, fabricate items using shop tools, and complete any task in the Scenic’s area associated with our events and tradeshows. This is a great opportunity to learn about how tradeshows are fabricated and maintained. There are opportunities for growth and learning in other areas of our department i.e. Art and Print.
We need you to:
- Enrolled in a degree seeking program and not graduating prior to December 2020.
- Have strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Be a leader. You’re the one sitting in the front row of the class.
- Embrace technology. You geek out over the latest and greatest!
- Local Candidates only
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- You’re a college student enrolled in an accredited program.
- You’ve got practical experience inside or outside of school or work. Do you enjoy working with your hands ? We’d love to hear about it!
- University students only, please, studying Architecture, Scenic Design, Stagecraft) It must be an accredited program.
- Be able to use some woodworking tools.
- “Eye for detail” .
- Follow instructions.
- Ask questions when you are in doubt .
- Be on time for work each day (ten minutes early if you want to impress us).
- With a dash of independence.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Emails -You know how to write them clearly .
- Talking/Communicating - You have to do it effectively.
Timeline & Process
- Applications open: January 2020.
- Interviews begin: January 2020 on a rolling basis.
- Internship: 10-12 weeks. Starts dates for the summer intern program are May 19, 2020 or June 9, 2020.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more:Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.