SAS Programming Consultant
Clinical procedure studies (no medical knowledge needed)
W2 Contract to Hire with benfits
This position is part of a large, talented and collaborative team of analytic programmers who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment using SAS and/or SQL as their primary programming tools. Our work is closely aligned with the strategic imperatives and vision laid out by our executive leadership. As a team member you will work on projects that assess and improve the client's quality and operations. There are a broad range of questions your analytic work will seek to answer such as: How fast are our patients getting lifesaving treatments? How efficiently are our patients seeing healthcare professionals? We foster a learning environment for further development of technical and consulting skills—you will gain responsibility upfront and be given the tools and training to enhance your analytic and consulting skills.
In this role, you will be responsible for the analysis and reporting of strategic initiatives for performance improvement using SAS/SQL, along with data consulting to various client groups. In the day to day, this means manipulating data from multiple data sources to implement business logic and packaging the results in a clear and concise deliverable, such as a dashboard. Other duties include solving data and reporting issues; managing and prioritizing multiple projects; and researching information in our electronic medical records to help with data discovery for project scoping.
Projects may include partnering with multi-disciplinary teams and clinicians chartered with improving access, delivery, and quality of care. You will be responsible for scoping out new projects; managing work and maintaining open lines of communication with business clients; and consulting with other departments and regions as appropriate on specific projects.
What are the requirements?
- 3-6 years of SAS/R/SQL programming and EXCEL skills. SAS is highly preferred.
- Experience creating, managing and manipulating data (for example: reshaping and merging)
- Experience with managerial and performance reporting and analysis
- Passion for analyzing complex data sets and converting into actionable insights that drive strategic initiatives
- Build dynamic and rich dashboards with customizations and visualizations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to scope a project and determine requirements with clients
- The ability to work with, and across, multiple complex project teams
- Problem solving skills and results orientation
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to rapidly absorb and relay information across many realms of healthcare -- including quality, access, and population health
- Based on analytic findings, provide actionable recommendations to influence improvements in access, delivery, and quality of care
- Master's degree in economics, finance, health care administration, public health administration, statistics, mathematics, operations research, or related field required, or equivalent bachelor's degree and two (2) years additional work experience in lieu of a master's degree.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178