* This is a 12 month Contract assignment and you would need to be seated at our Cary, NC HQ.
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a SAS Developer, you will provide daily problem/request support for the Orion application. Looking. You should have experience with incident management/fulfillment and will work directly with other Orion staff and users to service needs. You will handle first level contact with users, and address problems from beginning to end, multi-tasking across multiple problems at any point in time. You must be proficient in effective communication and show flexibility in changing priorities.
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related quantitative field.
- Requires five years of software development/programming experience. Experience programming in specific language(s) related to area of assignment may be required.
- Proficiency with Oracle Database using PL/SQL Developer. Expertise in creating and using ORACLE views, procedures and functions.
- Understanding of Data Architecture and Data Modeling.
- Proficiency in SAS Programming (Application Dispatcher, SAS/Intranet, SAS Macros).
- 3+ years of experience in web development.
- Travel on an as needed basis.
- Location: Cary, NC HQ only.
The nice to haves
- SAS Visual Analytics/Viya.
- SAS Data Management platform.
- Java development and Angular experience.
- Familiar with Agile/scrum/Kanban.
- Background in sales support/data.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility with changing priorities.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn