SAS Grid Administrator (
Job Number:330850 )
SAS Grid Platform Administrator supporting all aspects of operational enhancements, maintenance and support of the SAS GRID Platform at Chubb. This includes providing SAS Grid platform security management, SAS application and underlying infrastructure support (OS, Storage, SAS 9.4 EBI Applications, Web and Database) and ensuring processes are aligned with tactical and strategic information technology initiatives. The SAS Grid Platform Admin also ensures the platform is positioned for compliance with IT policies and standards and agreed upon service levels. The SAS Grid Platform Admin serves as liaison between the enterprise infrastructure support teams and risk business partners to ensure appropriate delivery of technology solutions in accordance with business requirements and objectives.
- Ensures the overall health of the Primary and Systems Testing Grid environments.
- Applies maintenance releases, upgrades and hot fixes as required.
- SAS Grid tuning and optimization of the performance on the environment.
- Designs, implements, and maintains platform security via
- Works effectively in both team member and individual contributor roles
- Analyze compatibility of SAS products with the hardware/software
- Installation, Upgrade, maintenance and support of all SAS components including GRID
- Security Management - Administration of SAS Users, Groups
- Respond to and resolve tickets on technical issues related to SAS Platform within defined SLA’s
- Co-ordinate with SAS Support for any unresolved issues and tool specific issues or hot fixes/patches.
- Responsible for Monitoring, reporting, and controlling SAS server usage
- Creation and maintenance of system documentation related to the SAS environment
- Performs platform capacity planning and management
- Serves as an escalation point for escalated production and/or platform issues.
- Establishes best practices and guidelines for usage of the SAS Grid platform
This position requires at the minimum, aBachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field, a clear understanding of computing and analytical principles with relevant software development experience (7+ years), or alternately, a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field with commensurate Software Development experience.
- 3-5 years core SAS Grid Administration.
- Administering SAS platform in a multi-node grid environment. (used Regionally)
- Creating and maintaining security model in SAS.
- Troubleshooting of GRID problems
- Experience monitoring grid and make sure that nodes are balanced with SAS generated code running efficiently across the grid.
- Reading through SAS logs to work through problems finding root causes and rectifying.
- Experience with SASGSUB utility and Platform LSF.
- Experience with Enterprise Guide, SAS Studio, PC File server– writing and running SAS programs
- Experience with alternative authentication providers such as Active Directory.
Knowledge and consultative approach to model deployment methodology.
- Experience with SAS Enterprise Miner and working knowledge of model comparison, reporting and analytics.
- Experience configuring access to DBMS Data sources. (Oracle, DB2, Netezza, ODBC, Access and Excel)
- Have worked in SAS in Linux based platform
- Familiar with functionalities & usage of SAS Enterprise guide, SAS Studio, SAS E-Miner, SAS Environmental Manager, SAS Management Console,
- Have knowledge in data import/export, SAS workflow analysis
- Familiar with detailed SAS programming knowledge and different interfaces
- Conversant with standard technical architectures, e.g. networking, servers, etc.
- Strong systems analysis experience
- Knowledge of distributed computing and Cloud Platforms (Azure or AWS).
- Installation and Configuration of SAS, Linux Experience.
- DBMS experience or familiarity with Oracle, DB2, Netezza, ODBC, Access and Excel.
- GPFS file system management
- User Administration, Security and Permissions
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and execute on assigned deliverables
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and business processes
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Whitehouse Station - B
Whitehouse Station 08889
Job- Information Technology
Job Posting- Dec 5, 2019, 5:00:53 PM