By Light is seeking a SATCOM Functional Analyst to join our team providing transport engineering support for our Government customer's DOD and non-DOD interconnected communication infrastructures located world-wide. The candidate is expected to participate in regular meetings with internal program staff, teammates, and the government client on a frequent basis. Effective leadership and communication skills are essential for working among a blended prime/subcontractor program team and developing and maintaining strong client relationships.
By Light provides a broad range of hardware, software, engineering, and IT integration services. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we support defense, civilian, commercial, and health IT customers worldwide. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), and profit sharing.
- Support technical analyses and working papers for the satellite communications capacity to support Engineering Division systems engineering and requirements analysis responsibilities. The candidate shall also provide technical assistance to develop and provide briefings on the status of this subtask.
- Support the Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), working groups (WGs), and other organizations, including participation in meetings, consolidation and briefing of analysis results, and submission of requirement summaries.
- CONUS travel with Government personnel to attend engineering Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs), support Government project leads at internal/external project management meetings, develop briefing slides for Senior Leadership/project leads, develop white papers and support the development of transport related engineering studies.
- Analyze requirements and prepare summaries to support the evaluation of architectural alternatives, industry proposals, and new technologies.
- Evaluation of new and existing requirements within the Satellite Database (SDB); evaluation of up-dated SATCOM requirements from the DoD SATCOM user community to ensure correct usage and interpretation of user needs; update and maintenance of the requirements in existing operational scenario requirements data bases (i.e., planning decks) to ensure currency; and incorporation of requirements as recorded in the SDB and new user needs as expressed by the DoD SATCOM user community.
- Develop and update Requirements Summaries Technical Reports, DISN SATCOM Network Engineering Technical Report, and DISN SATCOM Network Engineering White Paper
- Support the development of engineering artifacts including CDDs, CPDs, and Initial Capabilities Documents (ICDs) through the following activities: analysis of user requirements for the individual system of interest
- Support the development of new operational scenarios to be consistent with evolving planning guidance, to address comments on and corrections to existing scenarios, or to estimate required SATCOM support under conditions other than those prescribed by an existing scenario.
- Master's Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Requirements development and analysis
- System and Security Architecture development
- Network modeling, analysis, and planning
- Development of test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines
- Network troubleshooting
- Technical planning and analysis, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, supportability and effectiveness analyses
- DoD and/or Government program experience preferred
- 10+ years applicable progressively complex related experience
- Minimum DOD Secret clearance required prior to interview
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities