By Light is seeking a SATCOM Hardware/Software Specialist to join our team providing transport engineering support for our Government customer's DOD and non-DOD interconnected communication infrastructures located world-wide. The candidate is expected to participate in regular meetings with internal program staff, teammates, and the government client on a frequent basis. Effective leadership and communication skills are essential for working among a blended prime/subcontractor program team and developing and maintaining strong client relationships.
By Light provides a broad range of hardware, software, engineering, and IT integration services. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we support defense, civilian, commercial, and health IT customers worldwide. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), and profit sharing.
- Perform end-to-end engineering to integrate the DISN SATCOM components such as Defense Satellite Communications System (DSCS), Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS), Advanced EHF (AEHF), Mobile User Objective System (MUOS), commercial SATCOM systems, Global Broadcast Service (GBS) and Teleport, and wireless components securely into the Global Information Grid (GIG).
- Provide engineering support to the DOD Net-Centric communications that encompasses hybrid networking environments combining satellite, terrestrial, and wireless communications.
- In support of the Satellite Systems Engineering Group (SSEG), provide enterprise-level engineering analysis deliverables and recommendations on end-to-end (E2E) issues impacting the successful delivery of SATCOM capabilities, systems and services, to include interoperability, standards, architectures, synchronization, and integration.
- Provide engineering support to integrate E2E SATCOM capabilities into an overall DoD information environment that meets National Defense priorities and the worldwide needs of the warfighter.
- Provide requirements supportability and engineering analysis deliverables and recommendations in support of DoD SATCOM Analyses of Alternatives (AoA), as required by Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation (CAPE), Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics (USD AT&L), Principal DoD Space Advisor (PDSA), DoD Chief Information Officer (DoD CIO), the Joint Staff, United States Strategic Command, and other customers.
- Travel with Government personnel to attend engineering Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs), support Government project leads at internal/external project management meetings, develop briefing slides for Senior Leadership/project leads, develop white papers and support the development of transport related engineering studies.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Requirements development and analysis
- System and Security Architecture development
- Network modeling, analysis, and planning
- Development of test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines
- Network troubleshooting
- Technical planning and analysis, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, supportability and effectiveness analyses
- DoD and/or Government program experience preferred
- A minimum of 8 years related experience in multiple disciplines of the information systems and technology fields
- Minimum DOD Secret clearance required prior to interview
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities