By Light is seeking a SATCOM Systems Engineer to join our team providing transport engineering support for our Government customer's DOD and non-DOD interconnected communication infrastructures located world-wide. The candidate is expected to participate in regular meetings with internal program staff, teammates, and the government client on a frequent basis. Effective leadership and communication skills are essential for working among a blended prime/subcontractor program team and developing and maintaining strong client relationships.
By Light provides a broad range of hardware, software, engineering, and IT integration services. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we support defense, civilian, commercial, and health IT customers worldwide. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), and profit sharing.
- Support technical analyses and working papers for the satellite communications capacity to support Engineering Division systems engineering and requirements analysis responsibilities. These responsibilities include responses to tasks from external organizations (e.g., DoD CIO, the Joint Staff, the Services, DoD and non-DoD Agencies, USSTRATCOM, and other Combatant Commanders).
- Provide technical assistance to develop and provide briefings on the status of this subtask to include but are not be limited to:
- Systems and communications engineering, and requirements analysis to support DoD CIO in the Joint Net-centric Operations (JNO) Capabilities Portfolio Management (CPM) process.
- Systems engineering and requirements analysis to support the estimation of future DoD needs for military and commercial SATCOM.
- Support to Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), working groups (WGs), and other organizations, shall include participation in meetings, consolidation and briefing of analysis results, and submission of requirement summaries.
- Support senior staff as required and ensure customer requirements/project milestones are met and travel with Government personnel to attend engineering Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs), support Government project leads at internal/external project management meetings, develop briefing slides for Senior Leadership/project leads, develop white papers and support the development of transport related engineering studies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Requirements development and analysis
- System and Security Architecture development
- Network modeling, analysis, and planning
- Development of test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines
- Network troubleshooting
- Technical planning and analysis, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, supportability and effectiveness analyses
- DoD and/or Government program experience preferred
- 8+ years applicable experience
- Minimum DOD Secret clearance required prior to interview
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities