Leidos has an opening for a Space-based Infrared System (SBIRS) Systems Engineer to support SMC/ECP system sustainment. Position is located in Colorado Springs; primary work location will be Peterson AFB. Requires active DoD Secret security clearance - candidates without clearance will not be considered.
- This work involves sustaining a mobile ground terminal to include communications equipment, Heating, Ventilation and Air Condition (HVAC), power generation.
- The position will be responsible to select new and update existing ground segment satellite communications equipment in a net-centric environment.
- Modernization efforts require the candidate to assess equipment capabilities and interfaces and select equipment capable of meeting mission requirements.
- The mobile mission will require troubleshooting HVAC and power generation issues and if necessary selecting replacement equipment based on requirements.
- The position is part of a team responsible for designing modifications to a ground-based communications system and developing the engineering effort from Preliminary Design Review through Critical Design Review and installation and check out.
- In addition, this team will support updating technical data to include engineering drawings, technical orders and interface control documents
- Bachelor’s engineering degree in relevant subject area and 4 years of work experience or a Masters Degree and a minimum of 2 years work experience, additional experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Requires a basic understanding of computer networking and network engineering.
- Relevant skill areas include, but are not limited to: ability to work independently, develop engineering drawings, ability to identify technical data needs and estimate required resources to complete changes.
- The ability to communicate with engineering and configuration management staffs.
- Requires an active DoD Secret Clearance to start and the ability to obtain a Top Secret in the future
- Two years recent experience with space system sustainment. Familiarity with Air Force technical Orders (TO).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.