We are accepting applications for a Part-Time Satellite Kitchen Attendant to join our team!
The work schedule is Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 3:00pm to 7:00pm. 12 hours per week.
Food Handler Permit and Alcohol Server Permit(Class 12) required.
Do you love what you do, but not where you’re doing it?
Are you looking for an opportunity to advance in your career with a growing organization?
Do you thrive in an environment where meaningful work happens every day?
Interested? Keep reading!
Parkshore is a lakefront retirement community located in Seattle's picturesque Madison park neighborhood, Parkshore is looking for caring, fun and energetic Dining Server to join our team! As a Transforming Age community, Parkshore is comprised of dedicated and caring people who have a strong desire to enrich the lives of older adults and our team members.
- Work/Life Balance: We have multiple shifts and flexible schedules
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefits: We have the benefits you’re looking for as well as other unique perks for full-time, part-time and on-call team members
- A culture of FUN and commitment to the care of our residents, our communities and each other
- Your opinion matters: We share ideas, we listen and work together to make great things happen
What does our Dining Server do?
- Setting tables in dining room for meal service
- On occasion, setting up and preparing food items
- Keeping the food and beverage area organized and fully-stocked
- Getting to know the menu for each meal to assure all items are available and to answer the residents' questions
- Staying on top of menu changes, specials, and special requests
- Keeping the dining room neat, clean and tidy at all times
- Being willing and able to help residents with any meal service assistance they might request or require
- Greeting guests, informing them of specials and changes; answering questions and making suggestions
- Processing resident orders to ensure items are prepared properly and served promptly
- Maintaining a positive, outgoing and upbeat attitude throughout service and while interacting with residents and coworkers
- Following guidelines for uniforms, hair, cleanliness, and food handling
- Other duties as assigned and providing additional assistance to your team as needed
What we're looking for from you:
- Required: Must be a minimum of 14 years of age; if under 18, parental and school permission is required
- Knowledge: Able to perform basic arithmetic calculations
- Excellent Attitude: An upbeat, fun, outgoing personality and can-do attitude
- Work Environment: Enjoy working with older adults and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- Superb Communication: Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team-work: Willing to work cooperatively as a member of the kitchen/dining staff team and be able to respond to verbal instructions and directions
- Customer Service: Be patient, pleasant and understanding in relating to the residents and staff
At Parkshore, we care deeply about our mission and commitment to providing exceptional care to our residents. That is why we are a drug and alcohol-free employer. Criminal background and drug test will be required upon a contingent offer of employment.
We are excited to hear from you! Come join us and help us fulfill our vision to Transform the Perception of Age.