Kids Care Dental & Orthodontics is looking for an amazing SATURDAYRegistered Dental Assistantto join our awesomePleasanton Team!
At Kids Care Dental & Orthodontics we don’t just care for smiles, we create them.
We believe when kids grow up enjoying the dentist, healthy teeth and gums will follow. So we’ve set up a different kind of dental practice that delivers fun, not fear.
Our caring, high-energy team values the opportunity to work hard and help each child realize a lifetime of happy smiles.
As the key driver of our mission—to give every kid a healthy smile—our staff exhibits a genuine love of children and teeth. A good fit for our culture means you are also honest, playful, lighthearted, approachable, hardworking, and compassionate.
Kids Care Dental & Orthodontics is a northern California based practice that offers comprehensive services including preventive dental care, orthodontics and oral surgery for every gap-toothed, mischievous, silly, giggly smile. Our company sees only private-pay and PPO insured patients in beautiful private offices. Our staff enjoys competitive compensation and group benefits including group health, dental, vision, life/AD&D and a 401(k) savings plan.
*This position is perfect for those that want additional hours and/or currently going to school and can only work on the weekends.*
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duty of the Registered Dental Assistant is assist in the overall delivery of care and to be an integral part of the patient care team by consistently delivering the most memorable and fun service experience possible for every patient, every day in every office. This position is a floater position so will require travel to offices as assigned.
- Prepare treatment area for patient by following procedures and protocols
- Prepare patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting and seating patient
- Assist the doctors during treatment procedures
- Perform dental infection control procedures
- Take x-rays
- Educate patients about oral hygiene and their child’s oral health
- Perform all lab related procedures
- Perform cleanings
- Hand off patient at check -out
- Complete care calls and thank you cards
- Assist in managing and controlling supply inventory
- Document dental care services by charting in patient records
- Maintain strict compliance with all pertinent laws and regulations (HIPAA, OSHA, ADA, Dental Board)
- Maintain safe and clean working environment
- Other duties as assigned
***Dependability is a must for this position.***
- MustTechnical Skills
- Must have current and active state certified RDA license & CPR Card
- Minimum 1 year of Ortho Experience
- Knowledge of Dentrix a plus
- Must love children!
- Honest, ethical, high integrity
- Passionate about helping kids develop a lifetime of good oral habits
- Able to connect and build trust with each patient and parent
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Upbeat personality is a MUST
- Patient focused, team player
- Excellent customer service skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Clean, neat professional appearance