Flexible, including remote. Previous SBA Lending experience is required, no exceptions.
Primary responsibilities include active business development and origination of SBA 7(a) real estate and non-real estate loan products in the business marketplace along with USDA Business and Industry Program loan products. The SBA Relationship Manager will be responsible for appropriate structure of lending opportunities, loan pricing in accordance with the Bank’s guidelines and fee/premium strategy, providing initial credit analysis for lending activities, and SBA/USDA form processing.
Incumbent develops customer relationships, making sure they acquire loan, deposit, and other banking products appropriate to their circumstances, referring non-SBA 7(a)/USDA opportunities to the appropriate Bank partner. Assesses with customer the best options for the customer’s needs and initiates appropriate action. Analyzes the prospective client’s financial statements, counsel client on credit record or other concerns, and assists in determining initial qualification of loan program.
This position is expected to source a minimum of 75% of business from outside. High level of personal monthly loan production, spending approximately 60% to 70% of time outside of office engaged in business development and consultation activities with clients, business owners and other referral sources.
Knowledge: Four-year degree in business, finance or related field. Demonstrated knowledge of bank policies, procedures, and lending practices. Thorough knowledge of all Bank business lending and deposit products. Demonstrated knowledge of credit analysis functions and related requirements and procedures.
Experience: Two - five years of experience with SBA lending; credit experience is preferred. Must have recent experience originating and underwriting SBA 7(a) loans with a SBA preferred lender. Must be bondable. Demonstrated ability to understand and use Bank loan policies and procedures to support positive customer interactions. Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations pertaining to lending and consumer compliance, including fair lending laws.
Skills: Competent computer skills utilizing office and banking applications. Valid driver’s license required. Presents a professional, business-like manner and appearance. Sales and service aptitude and ability. Earns quick credibility. Outgoing nature with excellent skills at building and maintaining relationships. Highly developed communication and presentation skills. Ability to resolve customer concerns/issues in a positive way. Effective team member and demonstrated collaboration skills. Technically savvy and efficient in completion of work. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and the general public in a positive, problem solving manner. Ability to listen to and convey accurately and quickly, detailed information, important instructions and/or ideas. Ability to think and act independently within guidelines and limitations of Bank policy and assigned personal authority. Skilled professional networker. Excellent attention to detail. Proficient written and verbal communications skills. Demonstrated by effective business relationships and production.
- Proactively and independently initiates business contacts to develop relationships and promote bank products and services.
- Develops and maintains personal loan pipeline.
- Counsels customers on SBA/USDA business financing needs and process.
- Counsels customers and completes detailed review of loan application and other business services.
- Analyzes customer financial status, credit and property evaluations against SBA/USDA program requirements to determine loan feasibility.
- Monitor loans to ensure proper documentation with respect to items such as periodic calculation of ratios and SBA/USDA requirements.
- Prepares packages for obtaining SBA/USDA guaranty payment.
- Responds timely to customer inquiries concerning active loans and Bank loan offerings and related business.
- Serves as a Bank team player, identifying opportunities for Commercial Lending, Treasury Management, and/or Retail to develop leads and referrals within existing portfolio and priority one customers/targets.
- Provides loan status reports to management as requested.
- Performs other duties as requested.