A Place to Build Your Future
Hearthside Foods Solutions, the food industry's largest contract manufacturer, has openings for commercial kitchen positions. If working in a fast-paced, world-class production environment interests you, Hearthside is a great opportunity.
Hearthside is a new kind of food company, and the industry's largest contract manufacturer. You won't find our logo on store shelves, but our passion for quality and efficiency is evident in every product we make.
Founded in 2009, today we operate 38 production facilities in eight states, employing over 10,000 people. In an industry growing at 2%, we made the Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies list three straight years. With fast growth comes opportunity, for our company and our employees. Our customers are some of the world's finest food companies.
Hearthside Foods offers health, 401k, dental, and vision benefits.
Scaler Job Expectations:
* Obtain weight sheet and set up area in organized manner, retrieving ingredients from proper ingredient staging area.
* Obtain proper working scale and retrieve needed scoops/barrels, sanitizing each one.
* Communicate with Mixer Operator when changing boxes/bags/totes of ingredients to ensure proper lot code is recorded using opened ingredients first.
* Accurately measure ingredients according to weight sheet and assist Mixer Operator with loading functions.
* Complete end of shift return of all unused ingredients to ingredient staging area; all partial totes/bags/boxes taped or sealed and clean of debris for transport back to warehouse.
* Provide manual ingredient transport/loading/unloading assistance to kitchen personnel as needed.
* Perform sanitation duties as needed to transport product on the line/slab areas.
* Monitor and remove scrap from kitchen and mixing area to keep area clean and free of congestion; keep area clean and prevent ingredients or product from falling on the floor.
* Assist with other production-related duties as directed by supervision or management.
Mixer Helper Qualifications and Education Requirements:
* Education equivalent to completion of High School
* English speaking or bi-lingual
* Demonstrated positive interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and project a positive image
* 6 months to 1 year of manufacturing experience, preferably in a mixing operation
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. repetitively
* Must have a working knowledge of established food safety regulations and good manufacturing practices, high-speed packaging operations and the ability to differentiate product or materials lot codes and an ability to count carton and case quantities, or material usage requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled