Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!The Scanning Coordinator is responsible for maintaining price files, shelf tag accuracy, and signage for our stores. They oversee item pricing and merchandise additions and deletions. They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Store Support Department.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains all shelf tags for product items, replaces and updates as necessary.
- Activates price changes daily in the computer.
- Executes timely promotions ensuring that sale items are accurately tagged and information is coordinated with department managers.
- Informs Support Staff and Store Director concerning any scanning inaccuracies and errors.
- Works with customers to fulfill their needs, requests, and special orders.
- Responds to customer suggestions and complaints.
- Prepares and submits all required paperwork and reports.
- Assists with the upkeep of the cleanliness of the store by mopping, sweeping, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalency degree.
- Preferred 1 -2 years grocery retail experience in Store Support department processes and procedures.
- Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Ability to adapt to the ever-changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
- Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
- Must have knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
- Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment.
Lifting/Carrying • 0–10 lbs. Occasionally 1–33% • 11–25 lbs. Occasionally 1–33% • 26–50 lbs. Occasionally 1–33% • 51–100 lbs. Never 0%
About Fresh Thyme Farmer’s Market:
‘Supermarket of the year in 2016’ by Grocery Headquarters magazine.
Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is a full-service specialty retailer focusing on value-priced fresh, healthy, natural and organic offerings. We have opened up over 70 stores since 2013! Our stores boasts an extensive produce department with organic and local fruits and vegetables, a natural meat department, healthy deli foods to go, bakery goods, 300 bulk food bins, dairy and frozen, and health supplement products. At Fresh Thyme, we believe you shouldn’t have to give away the farm to feed your body nutritious food. We’re on a mission to improve the way our communities eat by offering fresh and healthy food at amazing values -all in a vibrant and fun shopping environment, with smiling friendly faces. Our stores don’t follow traditional grocery store design, nor do they have tall aisles or glitzy fixtures. In fact, our stores are so simple and easy to navigate that we don’t number our aisles or hand out store maps. We believe shopping for fresh and healthy food should be easy and enjoyable.
Please click on the short video hyperlink about Fresh Thyme and see what we're all about:
About Fresh Thyme Farmers Market