Please email all qualified candidates to Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org
TOP CRITERIA: - SCCM, VCenter, and/or Active Directory - 3-5 years of experience with Windows Server System Administrator skills (2008/2012/2016)
- Windows Automation process Overview The Windows Server Support team serves as an escalation point for our event and incident management teams within the Enterprise Operation Command Center (EOCC). We provide exceptional tier 2 support of our Windows Server environment across all datacenters.
We strive for high engagement and first escalation incident resolution rates. Responsibilities The Windows Server Support team provides support to internal business units for our Windows Server environments. We strive for timely resolution to incidents impacting Windows Servers, as well as basic request fulfillment for operationalized services, such as server builds. The Windows Server Support team collaborates closely with EOCC for priority escalation of issues impacting our business units to restore services and identify root cause.
This position works under general supervision and follows established procedures to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency. Individuals will also assist with the development of new technical procedures and processes in accordance with confidentiality, security, regulatory compliance and policy requirements.
* Manage and maintain a large Windows/VMware environment via remote support tools
* Installation, troubleshooting, and repair for a wide range of x86 hardware platforms, as required
* Full support of Windows file / print servers
* Perform review and execution of monthly Windows Server patching
* Escalate incident tickets to Windows Server Operations and Security Engineering team as needed
* Triage and resolve high priority tickets in response to reported issues from the EOCC
* Document process, procedures, and technology used by the Windows Server teams
* Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for technology related operational tasks to be transitioned to the EOCC Skills
* Minimum 3-5 years Windows Server System Administration skills (2008/2012/2016) required
* Experience with one or more of the following technology tools required: VCenter, SCCM, Active Directory
* Experience with server hardware platforms such as, Cisco UCS and HP Proliant preferred
* System Administration skills of Linux / Unix operating systems preferred
* General knowledge of network topologies and storage preferred
* Strong ability to solve problems and collaborate with others to resolve technical issues * Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills are required
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment required
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline is a plus
* This position is for second shift, general shift hours are from 3 PM CT to 11 PM CT with some flexibility.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178