We wake up for women, every day. We're inspired by their strength, their stories and the choices they make in pursuing health for themselves and their families. Our vision is that every woman will have the care and knowledge she needs to lead a full and healthy life. Will you help us achieve it?
We are seeking a friendly, compassionate person with great people skills to assist our patients with scheduling appointments over the phone. As a Scheduler, you will also be cross-trained to assist at the front desk and check out. This is a great opportunity for someone who is organized and detail-oriented, self-motivated and enjoys interacting with others in order to provide the best possible care to our patients.
*This is a Monday-Friday, 40 hr/week position at our Northwest Perinatal East Clinic.
- Schedules appointments and procedures for patients. Re-schedules appointments as needed.
- Assists non-English speaking patients over the phone by coordinating with outside interpreting services. Works closely with interpreting services to assist with scheduling the patient's appointment, and ensures that an interpreter is available to accompany patient to their appointment.
- Assists provider offices and patients by telephone with scheduling needs. Answers or refers questions to the appropriate recipient.
- Obtains proper medical records from referring offices.
- Prepares patient documents for scanning.
- Initiates NWP Phoenix Summaries for all ultrasound and consults ordered. Notifies the Clinical Care Coordinator using assigned proxy for appointment review.
- Monitors and works the assigned proxy in the Electronic Medical Records system.
- Monitors fax machine for incoming referrals for scheduling.
- Obtains records, performs data entry, verifies and updates personal, health, billing and insurance information.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Excellent people skills a must!
- Customer service experience required. Medical office experience preferred.
- Proven effective verbal, listening and written communication skills required.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn medical practice management scheduling software and time requirements for scheduling.
- Knowledge of keyboarding, data entry and basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook).
- Knowledge of medical insurance plans preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
Women's Healthcare Associates, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Oregon employers are required by a number of state and federal agencies to display a variety of workplace notices and posters, including:
Federal Family and Medical Leave Act
Oregon Family Leave Act