For more than 30 years, our orthopedic client has been the one-stop resource for expert arm and hand surgery in Central Ohio. The team of board-certified orthopedic surgeons treats a wide range of injuries and conditions. They use state-of-the-art treatments, technologies, and techniques. Their goal is to restore as much mobility as possible, quickly, and safely. The team treats patients with conditions like arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, fractures, ganglion cysts, trigger finger, Dupuytren’s contracture, and de Quervain syndrome. Our client also provides a comprehensive range of orthopedic care, including sports medicine, diagnosing, and treating work-related injuries, and helping patients with other orthopedic issues.
Clinical Triage Coordinator
As a full-time Clinical Triage Coordinator, you will oversee and implement new and existing strategies as it relates to our phone system and other means of communication with patients, vendors, and external resources. The primary responsibility of this role is to provide leadership for our patient appointment scheduling staff, training, phone coverage when necessary, and set an example of excellent service to our patients on the phone, and in person.
- Learn, map, and document the patient scheduling process.
- Review and improve scheduling algorithms to streamline process and improve accuracy.
- Assess current ShoreTel VOIP phone system and implement changes in technology or workflow processes.
- Implement overarching corporate communications strategy in collaboration with various internal and external business partners.
- Raise and improve the group’s brand awareness and reputation through internal and external communication strategies and improvement
- Monitor and measure effectiveness of process, track, analyze, and compile results to demonstrate ROI.
- Communicate strategy and objectives in a concise manner to staff, department coordinators, and CEO/CFO.
- Design and implement staff training program.
- Provide staff coverage for vacations and call-offs as needed.
- RN or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Management, or related field strongly preferred.
- 5 years customer service/ communication experience in health care setting preferred.
- Orthopedic office patient care and scheduling experience.
- Health care insurance and medical terminology preferred.
- Ability to type 30 words per minute required.
- Proven ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Solid software skills related to learning third party programs, Microsoft Office and Windows fluency.
Sensitive / Confidential Qualifications:
- Access to Centricity Practice Management System.
- Access to patient records, surgical notes, and various health insurance websites.
- Acknowledges understanding of HIPAA Regulations and Guidelines.
- Access to patient credit and personal information, credit cards and cash.
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.