Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work. It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 38 times regionally over the past decade…
The Sports + Entertainment Group is committed to identifying, developing, and executing projects that reflect Mortenson's purpose of building structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society on a national level. The Sports + Entertainment Groups' goals are to provide our customers with a superior experience, enhance the performance of the facilities we build through our expertise, and perform at the highest levels of quality and safety on each project.
We focus on large, complex projects and seek to earn the reputation of the best and most respected sports builder in America. The Sports Group continually focuses on the growth and development of our team, processes, and operations by recruiting the best people in the industry to drive innovative construction solutions.
The company’s project sizes range from less than $1 million to more than $1 billion. Some of Mortenson’s more notable sports projects include:
- Target Field (Minneapolis, MN)
- Pinnacle Bank Arena (Lincoln, NE)
- KFC Yum! Center (Louisville, KY)
- US Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)
- HarborCenter (Buffalo, NY)
- SunTrust Park (Atlanta, GA)
- Sprint Center (Kansas City, MO)
- Chase Center (San Francisco, CA)
Great Opportunity! If you have a passion for building large complex projects, this position may be the one for you. The Sports + Entertainment Group is recognized as one the leaders when it comes to building sport facilities. …What are you waiting for?!
The Big Picture:
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Scheduling Engineer to perform non-routine planning and scheduling assignments that require the selection and application of scheduling principles and techniques. Strong communication skills are necessary as you will interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
What will you be doing?
- Support supervision through the preparation, monitoring, and updating of area schedules; and assisting site management to formulate action plans to correct scheduling problems
- Draft and computerize schedule network diagrams, monitoring and eliminating potential problems
How will you succeed?
- Minimum two years construction scheduling experience; or equivalent experience
- Demonstrate proficiency in P6
- Construction operations experience strongly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of diversified schedule engineering systems, principles and practices
- Possess creativity, and mature discernment to anticipate and solve unprecedented problems
- Ability to work in a multi-functional, collaborative, team-based environment
- Display excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with initiative to seek creative solutions
- Ensure delivery of appropriate products and services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or relevant field
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.