The mission of the USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work is to improve the well-being of vulnerable individuals and communities, advance social and economic justice, and eradicate pressing societal problems in complex and culturally diverse urban environments throughout Southern California, the nation and the world. Our mission is achieved through value-driven, scholarly and creative social work education, research, and professional leadership.
The Scholarship Coordinator will work with a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students that all support various programs, such as the Masters in Social Work Program, Virtual Academic Center, Nursing Program, Doctorate in Social Work Program, and PhD Program, all of which serve a population of over 3,000 students. We are seeking a dependable, strong work ethic, and excellent customer service skills individual to join our team.
The Scholarship Coordinator position is an essential role in providing scholarship support to all students (prospective and current) in the USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. This full time position will process awards to all enrolled students in our various campus-based and virtual degree programs. The position will work closely with various University personnel that include School of Social Work deans, directors, faculty and administrative support staff.
Primarily responsibilities are providing scholarship advisement during the entire student life cycle. In addition, this position will manage, track and distribute scholarship funds/awards to approximately 3,000 students enrolled in various campus-based and virtual degree programs.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Advises incoming and current students on scholarship opportunities, issues with financial aid, budgeting, financial literacy through phone, email, in-person meetings, webinars, online scholarship cases and workshops.
- Assists in distributing both school scholarship funds and endowment/philanthropic funds to all students in the SDP programs both virtual and on-ground.
- Creates, distributes, monitors and awards applications for awards for all 3200 students.
- Works extensively with 2U counterparts for choosing recipients for online scholarships with most yield potential.
- Creates handouts, PowerPoints, spreadsheets for financial literacy in general tuition information, stipends, and scholarship opportunities.
- Presents material to incoming and continuing students via webinar, recordings, and in-person meetings/workshops.
- Maintains currency on university and federal guidelines for scholarships and aid for our students.
- Assists supervisor in reconciling monthly ASR’s (banking reports) for scholarship awards and posting in the university financial systems.
- Assists in reconciling scholarship donations and awards with 2U on a semester basis.
- Runs reports for scholarship pacing for the Director and any requested parties on a normal basis.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 2+ years at USC or in higher education
- Experience with Salesforce (or similar CRM), and University data systems preferred
- Must have strong customer service skills, be dependable, a self-starter, able to work both independently and with a team, in a fast paced and high volume work environment, with deadline pressures.
This is a fixed-term, full-time position offered at 100% effort from start date through June 30, 2022.
We look forward to reviewing your application!
Minimum Education: Related undergraduate study, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 1 year
Minimum Field of Expertise: Administrative and/or academic support services
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:https://wd5.myworkday.com/usc/d/inst/1$9925/9925$50255.htmld