The Sunshine House in Mint Hill is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced School Age Group Lead Teacher to manage our Afterschool and Summer Camp Programs.
The ideal candidate has a BSAC or higher degree, and has experience working with children ages 5-12 in a licensed childcare or afterschool program.
Though hours may vary based on company needs, the position will require availability Monday-Friday from 1:30 p.m.- 6:00 p.m. during the school year, and full days during the summer.
Must have a clean driving record(no more than 2 violationsin the last five years) and undergo bus safety training upon hire.
Salary is based upon credentials and experience.
Our afterschool teacher will:
- Plan, implement and oversee The Sunshine House afterschool program and summer camp program for children ages 5-12 years.
- Treat children with dignity and respect, meeting the needs of individual children with awareness of their interests, special talents and needs, cultural background, and individual learning styles.
- Plan opportunities that are structured for maximum participation (e.g., individual, partner, and small-group activities; non-elimination activities; activities that require no wait time).
- Teach skills and activities that transfer into continuous learning outside of the afterschool program.
- Motivate children to be physically active by implementing a variety of recreational activities, including the NFL Play 60 program.
- Hold a valid driver's license and transport children safely in a company bus daily during the school year and on weekly field trips during the summer.
- Communicate clearly and appropriately with children, parents, staff and others.
- Participate in staff meetings and complete training hours as required for state licensing.
- Maintain current knowledge of afterschool practices.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of our program.
Join our fun and growing team today!
- BSAC or higher degree in early childhood education.
- At least six months experience working in a licensed childcare or afterschool program.
- Becertified in CPR and First Aid, or become certified upon hire.
- Have N.C. criminal background qualification letter.
- Must be 21 years of age and have a clean driving record (no more than 2 violations in the last 5 years).
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds, and be able see, hear, and respond to children's needs, including reaching high, stooping to the child's level, sitting on the floor and getting up, and being able to reach a child 20-30 feet away within 15 seconds without danger to the staff person's health. Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time, at least 95% of the day.
- Be able to determine cognitive, social, and physical needs of children in written and verbal forms of the English language.
- Be able to handle, in a positive way, the demands that contact with many children and parents bring every day. This includes stress, tension, noise, and interpersonal conflicts. Must able to physical and mentally react immediately to unexpected circumstances.