Clinician will provide therapeutic interventions to include individual, family, group therapy and clinical case management with school based clients.
Clinicians will consult and build collaborative relationships with the community, school district staff, Jefferson Center staff and other organizations.
- Will work within school district policy.
- Will seek or give peer support or mentoring as needed.
- Will collaborate with all parties essential to consumer welfare including but not limited to the school district, child welfare system, juvenile justice system, school based health centers, families and other community resources.
- Will do community outreach 1 x year.
- Will exhibit enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility and spirit of cooperation in work environment.
- Will maintain effective interpersonal relationships with consumers, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public.
Clinicians are committed to furthering their professional knowledge and skills.
- Will utilize peer support.
- Will attend clinical trainings.
- Will keep up with current trends and changes in the field.
- Will review challenging cases with peers and supervisors.
- Will participate in supervision by coming prepared and attending at times and intervals agreed upon with supervisor at least 2 x a month.
Clinicians will provide direct service, crisis intervention and case management as appropriated.
- Will provide individual, family and group therapy during regular school hours and before or after school as needed for families.
- Will refer/link families to other Jefferson Center programs as needed.
- Will refer families to outside agencies as needed.
- Will make Social Service reports and fill out appropriate paperwork.
- Will plan and implement affective education classroom groups as determined by manager.
- Will attend Jefferson Center doctor appointments as needed.
- Will engage consumer and family in the treatment process and goal-setting. Will identify risk factors including lethality. Will work constructively with consumer to reach agreed upon outcomes, and coordinate care with internal and external providers. Will maintain appropriate professional standards and provide appropriate follow-up for consumers.
- Will effectively respond to consumer concerns and problems. Will initiate and maintain positive interactions. Will respond to phone calls, email and other requests in a timely manner.
- Will provide trauma informed treatment as needed and create a trauma sensitive clinical environment.
Clinicians will perform administrative duties as required by Jefferson Center in a timely manner.
- Will meet required productivity hours.
- Will complete 95% of all paperwork by due date.
- Will complete 90% of Progress Summary notes within 3 days.
- Will attend team meetings.
- Will participate at summer programming if working in June.
- Will do contact notes on un-enrolled Medicaid consumers in Avatar.
- Will complete on-line training.
- Will attend mandatory in-services.
- Will report high risk cases to supervisor.
CAC II/ CAC III DUTIES
- Will participate in the Centers’ CAC meetings and related trainings.
- Will participate in monthly CAC clinical supervision (individual or group).
- Will provide CAC supervision to Center staff (CAC III’s only) to assist in the development of knowledge and skills in providing co-occurring treatment.
- Complete substance use screening, assessments and related paperwork.
Clinician chooses to initiate or participate in additional activities that fulfill a professional passion.
- May do extra duties associated with June programming like plan lessons, run errands, organize schools.
- Going beyond expectations to assist consumers in meeting their needs.
- Utilize interns.
- Attending parent /teacher conferences.
- Attending back to school nights or other school functions.
- Attending school district staff meetings.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
- LCSW, LPC, OR LMFT required.
- Master’s Degree (from an accreddited university) in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or related field required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may also be substituted.
- Bilingual (Spanish) and CAC preferred.